how meny csaw cArvers are on here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think pro (professional) is a sports category more of a i do this full time and it is my full time job but i guess i fit both

I carve... I don't about professional...prolly more of a hack, i just keep hacking away at the block with my saw untill it looks like something.:wink2:

I have dabbled. I am a woodturner, but am very intrigued by saw carving. I have carved a lot of small things but I generally use a Lancelot attachment on a grinder.

Hey John! I'm on here once in a while.
Part-time carver (been to a couple of competitions)
Part-time saw collector
Full-time log collector! (or hoarder as some see it)

I am one i guess, no pro though. I started carving at the end of last January. I am from central WI. Love every minute of it..... the surplus of saws keeps on growing.

Brave man with the Lancelot.

scary tool, i bought a mikita with ryobi lancelot and woo id rather juggle a chainsaw, my god i doubt ill use it again, the 2 inch looks handy enough to use though....
started 6 months ago, of actual carving, and am a pro from the start, really it seems chainsaw carving is a sport and an art. its cool to see the sport/art growing so rapidly, truly a new form.

23 yrs. of chainsaw carving, I do not compete feel kinda used when ya compete, I like to offer carvings to the tree service customer,that precious tree can be made into a memorable art piece. I used to sell over the internet and road for a living but the back said knock it off.

it is a good money maker if you can find the time.

i have done some chainsaw carving but im not a pro at it

i have done some chainsaw carving but im not a pro at it.

I'm a pro carver carving part time (I also have a teaching job, teaching forestry)

I am a saw carver, definately not pro. I do a few small county fair type events each year. I have a full time job but the carving helps with the bills and the CAD.

Carving

Hi I'm new to the site, so this is my first post. I came to the site looking for info on saws for carving. I Build houses (Laft/log) with my saw mostly but I do carve and am doing a commission at present. Just thought I would add my ha'pennth. There are some pictures hidden on my website. Would it be spamming to post a link? stephens.no is the site....hello fellow carvers/builders/fellers etc. Lucas

Back