How much do your saws mean to you??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of my saws mean something too me due to the fact that every one of them make me money in one form or another.

Side note, there are only about 3 of all the saws I own the I'd sell for very overly priced and maybe a keg or 4 of beer. Just saying.

I own too many saws, but there are four that are never leaving my side. My pops old xl12, Uncle Mikes old 044. My 50 rancher, 1st full rebuild, now sporting a 55 CP top end. And my 372xp, keeps my house warm. With that said, if I got a stupid offer on the later two, see ya. But you guys know what I mean.

I have a few saws that mean something to me. My first saw is on a shelf in the living room. I also have a few saws given to me by a very supportive sawyer and logger when i was starting and they remind me of him. The rest of my saws are just tools, but when they get tired I keep them to remind me of all the work we have done together.

:cheers:

~I guess i just like the stink to much~

I like the smell of two stroke smoke in the air..
i like the even sound of a motor underload
like a hungry wild animal ,,The OLD SAW DIGS IN AND EATS AGAIN

Old sleds and old saws are like music to my ears,
I guess i have learned to love
TO love the stink!
i like it to much....!
i like the old saws they remind me of old Metal warriors
Just give them some fuel and back to life they roar
To rule the forests once again with their deadly teeth!

I Like my old saws they mean so much to me

i even make up fairytales about them once upon a time lol

ha!

GN%20LOGGER%20WITH%20DOG%20LARGE%20TREE%20copy.jpg

Last edited:
What I have are of no monetary value, but all took varying degrees of work from me. I have some investment in them = some attachement. I have started giving (not taking back) equipment to my sons and SIL, I just ask for visitation rights.....;)

It kinda helps me understand gun collectors. I own a safe full, but they are tools to me. Some shoot deer, some ducks, some targets.....just no emotional attachment for me.:dunno:........but equipment that burns fossil fuels :msp_wub:

My old 048S AVEQ. Way too hard to find another good one. It was the first saw I bought that made me any real money when I got back into tree work. She's pulls a 28" very well. She's got some grunt. I still have two of them together but only on S. The other two are for parts and one of them just needs a top end.

My MS361's are still my favorite saws. The MS200T's are the real money makers.

I always enjoy running the PP455 bow for making firewood and would not give her up.

Everything else could take a walk if I need the money.

Everything else could take a walk if I need the money.[/QUOTE]

Now thats Cool way of putting it straight!

The Rest Can take a WALK! :cool2:

I own a Stihl 050 AV, it was my fathers.
I can remember him using it growing up.
He traded a side of beef for it.
we cut alot of fire wood with it, we milled lumber with it.
Over all it is the memories that mean the most.
I love my Big Huskys, and the baby huskys are fun.
But... my Stihl 050 AV will never leave, and it will always be a shelf queen.
It will be the only Stihl that I ever own again.
Still drinking the Orange Koolaid.

Latest posts

Back