how much of a Husky do I need?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...didn't I see in one of the posts a while back that Stihl was not honoring the warrenty of saws bought in Canada and shipped down here? Hope Husky doesn't follow suit. Yeah great price on that 3120 spacemuel, too bad they don't have a single one left. Got an great offer for a brand new 3120 from Mike, thinking REAL hard on that one. :D

wish someone (manufacturers) would decide where the consumer and the professional saws end and start! Husky says a 353 is a medium duty pro while Madsens says it's a NON-PRO, and that the pro starts at the 365? What the heck is a 346XP? At least I didn't get a 141 or a 136! Most suppliers on the net sell almost the full lines available, with no real difference in price, maybe 20 bucks here and there onthe medium saws, but am not in a market for a heavier or bigger saw, with 1-18". 2-20" and a 24", I am well covered for now around here.

Woodshop,

Of course supporting your local dealer is best but I guess I misread your intentions. I appoligize for that. I was under the impression you were looking at prices only. The source I had in mind was the one posted "Summit Power Tools". At one time I believe they were selling the 3120 for $899 plus shipping of about $50. This included a 36" bar. If you want to go the route of ebay they can easily be found in the $1000 range. As I said earlier I misunderstood your intentions. Supporting your local dealer is best.

Bill

Bill, no need to apologize. Yes I am always torn between supporting local stores and dealers over saving sometimes BIG bucks at the big boxes or huge online places that have the advantage of economy of scale. There are exactly 4 Home Depot's within 20 minutes of me now, and 2 Lowes to boot, and over past few years all but ONE local ma and pa hardware/building supply within that same area has gone under. What does that tell me? Did I help drive out the locals when I baught hardware and supplies at big orange? A local Husky dealer recently told me some RETAIL online saw prices are at or only slightly above his dealer cost. Unless he just wants to bring taffic into the store he said he won't sell them at cost so he just doesn't sell many to computer savvy customers. He said he makes his money on mowers and mulchers, very little on his saws. Don't know the answer, but yes customer service and company stability is high on my list as a consumer of chainsaws, equipment or anything else.

Dave
_______
this too shall pass

Back