How much wood did ya use so far?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have about a weeks worth of wood yet then I'm out. I've burned 3 1/2 cord of wood this winter. I would say it's been an average winter here in south east Pa with very little snow. I was just curious what everyone else has burned. I'm ready to plant the garden soon gotta get them peas in early.

I cut split stack load and fill my step moms firewood needs I dont heat with wood :( but I get to run saws 044 084 amoung others :rock: Shes gone through about almost 4 cord and if it keeps up looks like I will probly go threw another cord or so if I had to guess. Two winters ago we went threw 5.5 cords and it was a cold SOB here we burned almost to May, but shes old and likes it warm so whatever

In the Southern Tier of Upstate NY we got cold early, stayed cold, it's Spring, and we're still cold with a few inches of snow on the ground. Started the heating season with 9 cords of wood, have about 3 left.

I also thought it was interesting that I burnt 3 1/2 cord in my Quad 5700 with a blower to heat 2700 sq ft. My brother on the other hand burnt almost five cord in his Harman without a blower to heat his 1800 sq ft house. I think my blower really helped save the wood. My house stayed between 72-75 deg all winter. I love the stove. My wife had second thoughts on getting it but now she loves it and sits on the couch in front of the stove after the kids go to bed enjoying the heat.

Somewhere between 15&20. Been cold, hell its still cold. I heat house (about 2400sq ft) and a 30x40 shop. I keep the house at 72 and the shop about 65-70. Portage and main owb burning nothing but red oak. I don't care I like cutting wood.

here in the finger lakes area got cold early and stayed cold with lot of wind this winter . believe I have gone though close to 6 and half cord to date and no real sign of it letting up.

Somewhere around 1.5 cords so far, a bit less than half of that pine, soft maple, tulip poplar. Best guess- about 1/2 half cord more. There's enough stacked on site, so what's needed goes into the stove.

Heat-powered fans help the comfort level, too.

Somewhere between 15&20. Been cold, hell its still cold. I heat house (about 2400sq ft) and a 30x40 shop. I keep the house at 72 and the shop about 65-70. Portage and main owb burning nothing but red oak. I don't care I like cutting wood.

Yeah man I hear ya. I love running saws I wish I burnt more.

I heat with an OWB and I used more wood these past five weeks than I did for all of the first part of the season. I helped a friend and gave them some of my seasoned wood and it’s a good thing I did. Thinking I was going to be short, I brought up more wood before the last snow, lower temps and high winds. If I were to go down to my main pile now, I’d be out of luck. The 4 and 5 foot drifts and high winds this week would make it almost impossible to get down there again.

I was all set up for 6 ½ cords of wood for the season and now it looks like I got through 8 ½ cords of Oak. Once that is gone, I’ll be burning my hard maple that was supposed to be for the early season or next fall.

This has to be the worst winter in the past 15 years…

Yeah man I hear ya. I love running saws I wish I burnt more.

Well, sell some then!

I am just getting ahead myself, the ten year plan now. I got to two years ahead easy, five years is close at hand, so I was figuring whut the heck, make it a decade!

Hit that level, maybe I will sell some surplus then...

So far I have burned every piece of wood I've throw in the boiler. As for actual amount who knows.

I've burned about 8 and 1/2 cord so far in almost 6 months in my homemade wood boiler heating the house and water. I live in Michigan

Last stick went in the stove after work today and am officially out of wood at the house...............time to take some from the shop pile :hmm3grin2orange:

I know I'm past 2 cord, but by how much is a guess. I went out today looking for more firewood and ended up with a few locust fenceposts and a branch that should hold me for a few days. Then it's back out ot the shed to cut up some more unusable untreated lumber with a zillion nails! I refuse to dig into next years firewood n the same for firing up the oil furnace. I haven't run it all season and I'm not about to start now.

I hear ya Andy.

I lost count after 20 and I am almost out of what we have stockpiled in the wood yard that is over a year old.

I like cutting wood also, but ufda, I am shot dealing with wood at this point.

Back