How often do you clean behind your sprocket cover?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use those cheapo paint brushes from the dollar store.
A 2 inch wide is fine. And I'll cut off off about 1.5 inches of bristol.
This makes it a little stiffer and am able to to clean a little deeper
in those tight areas.

How much do those brushes cost?:confused::bang:

I clean mine every time after I cut with it. Who wants that nasty, oily saw dust crud keeping their saw from looking show room fresh?

i got a 359 and was wondering how to grease the one way bearing? where is it? i was only greasing the bar sproket, how is the husqvarna grease gun suppose to work? put grease in and push that cap all the way down?

i got a 359 and was wondering how to grease the one way bearing? where is it? i was only greasing the bar sproket, how is the husqvarna grease gun suppose to work? put grease in and push that cap all the way down?

No idea what a "one-way" bearing is... but if you are referring to the bearing under the clutch sprocket... forget about it. It gets enough lubrication from bar oil. No worries.

Gary

My 395 and 3120 get all the covers taken off and the saws are cleaned once per week . I also take the clutch off and check the rim sprocket and rotate it and pack the bearing with a little universal joint grease. I also check all the screws and bolts to make sure nothing is loose. I hate when a saw fails 3 hours from the shop and there is no saw dealer near by. The little bit of time it takes is worth it as I have no down time because of poor mantainence.

I blow off my saws with compressed air at end of the day, and I try to blow under the side cover too. If I replace the chain while it is in my shop, I clean the cover as well as scrape the groove in the bar.

Back