How tight should the chain be?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta run for the night but...

Before I do. You sound pretty green with a saw and that's fine, we all were at one time.
But you do have some chaps right? And the chain, you do realize you do not want, for any reason to hit the ground/dirt with the saw? I mean just a touch and it's done. You will hit the ground and it will cut and you'll think I'm being silly but it will not last long at all. Just don't hit the dirt, not even a little bit. Can't say that enough. Later Fellas
YIYENCAYQV42VCA6UDL9VCAD7IYZPCAEZUO.jpg

Yes i guess you can say i am a greenie but not much at all. Was raised up out doors and love cutting. This is my first actual chain saw. I do know not to hit the dirt at all. Thanks I think i understand what you mean on how to tighten the chain. Ill try it out tomorrow. Thanks guys once again helping my greenie a.. out!!

Something along these lines:
100_4084.jpg

obviously ive got the scrench on the nut as if to tighten it and the chain is loose, but you get the picture, just hold if like this when tensioning and tightening.

While holding the rear handle of the saw with left hand I set the tip of the bar on workbench or some other piece of wood so the bar has upward pressure applied, use right hand to hold wrench for making bar and chain adjustments.

If you go to the Echo website they have some pretty good videos about chainsaw maintenance

Dredged from nigh on 6y.

I use a block under nose or rest on wood being cut when chain gets to loose, is more than 1/2dl hanging out under operation when warm just ease off after cutting

Latest posts

Back