how to break the news of a good saw'a death to a friend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's only one person I'd let borrow a saw. That's my brother. Only reason being is he has more money than brains sometimes and 1) he would buy me a new chain when he dulls mine 2) he would buy me a new saw if he blew mine up!!

Bummer. I have loaned saws out on occasion but only when I provide my own fuel mix which they pay me for. I also only loan them to people I know.
What I have done now though is buy a few older saws just for loaners and because I got them at the right price. A 55 Rancher and now "maybe" a 288XP if they need a bigger saw. I did loan out my Snelling ported 390XP to a customer's son for cutting some larger Eucalypt stumps recently and that put a grin on his face. He won't be too happy in future as he'll never get that one as a loan saw again.

When it comes to borrowing, I have a different approach. I once needed a short gooseneck to haul my mother in laws stuff, and to pull a two horse trailer behind....

I borrowed the trailer from a fellow that I didn't know, (but knew of second hand) and asked him prior to borrowing it: " is this trailer more valuable than a brand new one?" He said no. So I borrowed it, packed the bearings and returned it. :)

But borrowing and lending is risky.

Tarry on.

Latest posts

Back