How to control fine ash in my house.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregor1

Reaction score
I installed a wood add on gasification unit in my basement this year,(expensive) .Seem to have a fine white dusty ash on the TV and the furniture every other day. Is this a normal thing with wood or can I prevent this. Heard of people putting a shroud around the the furnace door with a vacuum hookup to remove the smoke as it,(the furnace) is being loaded,(seems extreme).Also I notice that when a ray of light shines through the window it's a bit hazy.This can't be good to breath. It's a bit disappointing. I'm saving $200.00 a month, but breathing this stuff?

Last edited:
This is the reason why I am going outdoor boiler. I am tired of the mess in the house. The tree bark in the basement is the least of the problems. It takes all summer to get the smoke smell out of the house and the dust.....OMG THE DUST!!!!! I am so sick of dust it isn't even funny anymore. It wasn't a real big deal 20 years ago when were first got married but today our house is an electronic nightmare and that dust just ruins everything.:bang::bang:

Latest posts

Back