how to mod a 371 muffler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprintmotor45

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a 371 and a 372 husky and would anybody have any suggestions on what to do to mod a muffler? I have access to a machine shop and tig welder. Where to put holes for tubes, size etc..

Same boat

I'm in the same boat Sprint, got a 371 garage sale special that I'm working on. I'll try the search too, if I find I'll post a link here if you'll do same.:cheers:

Here are a few pics to get you started....

385muffler.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just send your muffler to rahtreelimbs also known as flat washer Rich. He will mod it for you.
Wade

Thanks for the pics Freak. I've acquired a "new" old muffler for mine as the original is crunched. Figured might as well mod it before installing. The saw is a GS special that looks like it had a run in with a skidder and came out on the losing end. It runs fantastic and the price was right. I fixed what I could redneck style to use but am considering a complete teardown and make it right. At this point all I need is a clutch cover and the flywheel side case(or entire). I may just try another fabricated fix on the case though if one doesn't present itself within reason. The powerhead is really strong, would like to see what she can do with a little tweakin'.

Latest posts

Back