How to remove large stumps from ditch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hendr1x

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
The arborist I hired dumped a bunch of stumps into my drainage ditch. I pulled most of them out with my tractor but there are some big ones that I don't have a way to wrap a chain around. Any ideas? I looked at tongs but they are super expensive and everyone is complaining how they bend etc.

Attachments

• PXL_20231011_122243976.jpg
    PXL_20231011_122243976.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 2
Yes, it would be near impossible to burn them as they sit. You would end up with a much larger mess. Last winter there were folks on here lambasting me for using tires to start brush piles on fire.
I'm guilty of that as well but I prefer old drain oil and let it soak into the large kits. One thing about using tires, you have to do it after the sun sets...

Only thing bad about tires is, they leave their steel belts behind and the stink of course..lol

Looking off the back deck, looks to me like it's getting time for another roast and I have 2 large, somewhat rotten knots in there as well (both are well marinated with drain oil)...

Latest posts

Back