How to start a Plant Health Care small business?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodLoon

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How does a gifted botanist start a small business or consultancy in PHC?
  1. He's got a BS in Plant, Soil, and Insect Science (concentration = Applied Biology & Biotechnology) at UMass, Amherst
  2. Quite aside from the academic knowledge, he has an uncanny ability to integrate everything he's learned and experienced - it's like he can "feel" what the plant wants and needs
  3. He's been into bonsai since age 12 - he was teaching classes at Bonsai West when he was 17
  4. He's currently the "go to" guy at a large local nursery while awaiting reinstatement of his driver's license - the local tree expert company couldn't use him as their troubleshooter because of that (he has changed his ways)
  5. He's tall, strong, and a hard worker
  6. He's an excellent salesman - strictly win/win - it's got to be a good deal for both parties

I think you are a good place to ask, but feel free to point me in a new direction.

Thanks

PS -
  • I know asking for my son is odd, but I am retired and have the time and I also have built businesses (auto repair and sales).
  • I think the correct answer might well be go to work for the local tree expert company next year (his license will be restored this winter).

Back