How's 369.00 for a new 338XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG BEAM

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I guess my question is,is the 338XP really a pro saw?I had an old mini mac 30 TH years ago and like the TH for limbing.In fact I like top handle saws period hence my question about the 338.I know a lot of you guys say a TH has no place on the ground but I like the way they handle,I guess it's what I got used to.Up until a few months ago the mini mac was my first and only saw.Sadly the mac died so I'm thinking about it's replacement.
DON

That price sounds very good. You probably already checked, but if not on the Husqvarna website the 338XP T is listed at $499, the 334T at $369, and the 435T at $299. I've only run McCulloch and Poulan top handles myself...so can't speak on running the 338XP.

I paid 399 for my 338cali almost two years ago. It sees alot of use in the tree and on the ground. Not normally into cutting up brand new saws, but is did muffler mod this one and it was a tremendous improvement. The only drawback i can really note is that the airfiltration is in the front of saw and needs cleaned frequently, like several times a day. The filter is really easy to get to though. Saw has pleanty of power it will pull a 16 in hardwood but feels somewhat clumbsy. Much better with 14. Ive ran a few 200t and there is nothing wrong with them either, guys on here love them and will probably will want to kick my A$$ for having a 338. I would go handle both of them and then remember the stihl costs quite a bit more.

You mean you haven't bought it yet! Yes, thats a good price. Yes it is husky's pro top handle, but I would snatch it up before its gone at that price; thats about $130 (a little more than 25%) less than retail.

Latest posts

Back