I Bought The New Makita Mini Saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always had good luck with Makita tools. I think the biggest consideration for any of these types of tools is to buy something you already have batteries for.
Yep. I wanted to stay all Bosch, but the most popular carving die grinder is the Makita. You also don't see much Miluwakee in Europe or Oceana.

I have owned Bosch, Makita, Dewalt, and a pile of other cordless drills and saws. What do I always end up going back to? A set of 20 volt Porter Cables that came over on the ark and refuse to die. Maybe I got some bad ones, but Bosch and Makita cordless batteries just don't seem to hold up. But I do have Bosch and Makita corded tools that you can't kill. My Bosch tablesaw set in 2 feet of snow for about a week one time and didn't even sneeze.

Not sure exactly what hands down means but I saw a video where Milwaukee had a thing you put the 18 volt battery in and got 120volt I suspect ac out. Best I can see at Makita is something to recharge your batteries. Milwaukee has more powerful battery nailers Makita's biggest is the 15 gauge finish nailer. The battery Makita 3/8 drive ratchet thing sure did not do too good on the durability. Are you sure you are in a position to make comments about ergonomics and durability of such a vast selection from both?

On another note I went to your prefeered toolnut on line store. They act like I can still order Makita gasoline chainsaws and get them in 12 to 18 days. I have my doubts, You think they will deliver or waste one's time.
Or acme.

FWIW, the M18 Hatchet is far faster than my MS151TC Stihl, to the point where I sold my 151 and an contemplating buying an M18 Hatchet and top handle chainsaw for myself.

As far as it being better than a GTA26, that’s a very low bar, hands down the worst product Stihl has recently put out along with the MS162
The 162 is not that bad though. It's the 16-inch bar that makes it suck because, for some reason, all gas saws in the USA must have a 16-inch bar minimum it seems.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 000918.png

Back