hp vs psi vs flow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KevinJ,

\
you can maybe run it a little faster in high pressure mode with an unloader valve, but the plumbing is a lot tougher. A relief valve is a lot easier.

Let me try this again.

You can use a relief valve, or an unloader valve. The relief valve is a LOT easier to plumb.

We can do heat calcs for 300 psi wasted through a relief valve vs an unloader valve for the 3 percent of the time either is used, but whether it was a sunny day or a cloudy day would be a bigger difference.

Tell you what. I'll use my relief valve, and someday if you build a splitter you can use an unloader valve, and we'll both be happy.

Sorry if I offended you. My intent here is to increase knowledge. I was not intending to start debate or critique a particular machine or design. You have built a circuit, and that is great. And a processor is no small feat to accomplish.

A circuit that shifts to low flow at 300 psi would not meet my needs for this wood, and 1000 psi (for maybe 25% of stroke) would draw too much hp and heat for me, but if it works for you that is what matters.

Yes, I have built some iron, starting with a high school project 40+ years ago. It was creative, unique, made with all scrap parts, and about unfunctional and useless. It taught me that study and calculation is faster than cutting and rebuilding. I have tried to learn from the mistakes of each one since.

I agree, we can both be happy with what we have and either one is better than using a maul.

kcj

Back