(humor)you know you've hired the wrong tree service when??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...when you see them pulling over a tree using some water ski rope tied to the trucks bumper. (really did see this, in my own neighborhood, and the people knew I was a tree pro.)
That's funny. It happened to us too. Right across the street the homeowner's lawnmower guy was attacking a maple with a sawzall, a rope and a pickup. I went over and politely offered to do it for free and he accepted the help. Later the homeowner came over and gave me a couple days work so it all worked out for the good. All my neighbors know I'll help them for free so if I see them doing it themselves I just guess they they don't want my help and I leave them alone.
Phil

actually seen a lady this past year mark all the trees she wanted to keep with orange ribbon. :dizzy:

Yeah it can get crazy out there like that. One could really get into a boatload of trouble in these situations. It just goes to show common sense really isn't that common.
Its the same principle as is some of these chain resturaunts where one person takes your order and its another's responsiblity to get it to the table.
I think comapnies go through more agravation when they send the crew out without sending the guy who wrote the propsal. I think to much is expected and to much is taken for granted.

Yeah it can get crazy out there like that. One could really get into a boatload of trouble in these situations. It just goes to show common sense really isn't that common.
Its the same principle as is some of these chain resturaunts where one person takes your order and its another's responsiblity to get it to the table.
I think comapnies go through more agravation when they send the crew out without sending the guy who wrote the propsal. I think to much is expected and to much is taken for granted.

unless its a removal with a big red painted X on it, I'm with my crew to go over everything and then I leave them with a written work order and stop back and either check on the job or stay and work with them. I would love to stay and work all day but I have to meet with advertiser's and do estimates and junk like that

Something must have spooked them, maybe all these stories we are telling. Sad though when you are on the up and up telling it like it is and they won't give you the time of day.
I guess that is the way it is. I'll bet right now , somewhere, there is a car mechanic forum with this same thread going on. I blame the consumer, I mean who would pay first? Well? Yeah, there is your answer.

I don't mind the ones that don't pay first. It's the ones that don't pay last.

Done that

"They play scissors-paper-rock to see who will climb the tree."

We've done that, but I guess we're lucky enough to have many competent climbers on our crews.:greenchainsaw:

When you see a tree that has had every limb under thrity feet removed, with flush cuts, leaving 8-10 large, 5-12" wounds on the trunk..

then you know you're hanging out at the wrong website, when you post a photo of above tree and all the future posters ask, what's wrong with that, and say things like, that's the way I do it all the time..

(true story)

LOL mds..

ya ya.. I cut the hair... should I change the avatar?

how bout this one...

When their crane cuts your house in half..

true story... I saw it on youtube

When you see a tree that has had every limb under thrity feet removed, with flush cuts, leaving 8-10 large, 5-12" wounds on the trunk..

then you know you're hanging out at the wrong website, when you post a photo of above tree and all the future posters ask, what's wrong with that, and say things like, that's the way I do it all the time..

(true story)

There is a nice estate on a secondary road that goes into my friend's land where I have permission to dump and burn debris. I had thought about stopping and talking with the people about some dead wooding that needed to be done in some of their trees but thought better of it. Most folks that live off the beaten path like that like their privacy and are not usually receptive to someone knocking on their door. A few months back I noticed that they had hired someone who came through and limbed every tree on the property to about 20', skinned the trees up and cut behind the branch collar on every cut. Really opened the place up but now I am on a death watch for these trees. I have thought about anonymously leaving some literature in the mail box on how to and the importance of making proper cuts.

You got the wrong guys when the foreman is wearing an ankle monitor! True story, old neighbor hires up this guy straight out the joint for robbing houses!

Latest posts

Back