hurry shes goin quick 660 only minutes left

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i almost bid on it with 7 secs left, man what was i thinkn, my heart even started racen alittle. lol. 800 was the final bid its basicaly new saw someone saved a few bucks, was it anyone here?

i dunno on second look i think it may have been rough fixer up saw and someone just made few bucks on it. saw does look good though

$800 and $29 to ship.

That's exactly the reason I bought a brand spankin new one for only a bit more.

Wow, for a rebuild it could be a great saw or a polished $800 turd. You never know with ebay.

I hope for the buyer's sake it runs as good as it looks.

The seller made a fist full of cash.

Damn, if thats what they sell for when times are tough,, I'm glad I got mine when times were good. (for less than half of what that one cost):chainsaw:

660 on E-Bay

I had wanted a Stihl that size for years, recently really got the bug for a 660. Seeing this auction I'm glad I bought a brand new one. Makes me feel real good about now. Maybe this guy was drunk or something.

I seen that also. I just bought a new one yesterday for not much more than that one. I can't believe the price people pay for some stuff on ebay:jawdrop:

As I look at this, my mind starts adding. 872.50 plus 40.00 is 912.50. I would prefer a 30 inch bar, that is about 75.00 with tax for a Stihl bar. Now Im at 987.50, but Im probably going to have a problem with a registered warranty. And what if this guy put straight gasoline in the saw, ran it a few licks, and scored things up a bit?, (not likely but possible, it's E-bay and strangers). I just bought a 660 ,new last Monday afternoon. 960 plus tax with a 30 inch set up, 1028 bucks, it's warranted rightly, and my dealer will fix it if it breaks. I guess this is what makes an interesting world.

I learned long ago to avoid spending very much on a pig in a poke. I won't buy any saw that I can't inspect and start up to see how it runs. Couple weeks ago I caught a near-mint 066 with 28" bar, DP muffler, and HD filter in a pawn shop for $199.99. It had just come out of pawn so they wouldn't come down on it. They split the sales tax, so it was $210 out the door. Any time a used item is 1/2 or more of new price, I will just spend the extra bucks and get it new with warranty.

Wow...

Parts saw $350
Aftermarket piston/rings $30
Paint $ 7

Total invested...probably $400 plus time, that's a good profit.

The fact of it is, that saws on ebay will sell for how well they look. Doesn't mean they are good internally. You've got pictures and a description to judge by and most people seem to let their eyes present the worth, especially when the description is lacking as they usually are.

I'd rather go buy a parts saw and just assume the whole thing needs rebuilt. Then you'll know what sort of condition everything is in and can fix it right. I bought my 044 on ebay and it was noted as "Running". Come to find out the crank bearing was completely shot, and the P&C were pretty much toast. I went through it and replaced everything, but I only paid $168 bucks for it too. You have to roll the dice when buying an ebay saw, and plan for the worst.

Last edited:
Back