Hurt by a Vermeer 252

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geeeeeeeeeeeeez. Some people are absolute complete morons to espouse some of the crap they sling around defending a group of people, that they see as elite. Pettyfogger shysters for filthy lucre most of them. And if you believe that everything is as cut and dry and black and white as "if it has no merit the judge will throw it out" yes only if there is no money or power behind it. If it's the US Attorney trying to stick it to a guy who dared challenge the government on an "off-limits" issue or who "almost certainly" persues an avenue which jepordizes their monopoly in certain economic realms, or attempts to expose crimes in high places ad infintum then it doesn't make a damn about evidence. They will manufacture it to put the enemy of the state away in a dark hole somewhere, if not six feet under.
Yeah, I have seen too many movies. Right.
I'm through with this naivete. Live in your dream world I'm going to go open up the muffler on my 372XP while you live in your pretend world.

Q)- How do can you tell a lawyer is on his day off?

A)- He's got his hands in his own pockets!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :laugh: BTW a lawyer friend of mine told me that one! HC

The other day a friend of mine was out at the cemetery with his preschool child. The boy ask for help with reading one of the stones so his father read it for him. "Here lies a lawyer and a good man." The boy looked silently at the stone before replying "there does not look like enough room for two people."

Say there was an emergency....and a small child somehow ended up running toward one of these units, and though you immediately shut the unit down and tried to stop the child from contacting the unit....to no avail because the blade keeps spinning for 10 seconds.....

Now say it was your child....

I daresay you'd be looking at things in a different light, and if you were smart, contacting an attorney yourself.

It's one thing to mock idiot lawyers. It's idiotic to mock all lawyers.

not all lawyers make $250/hour. Our state attorneys make somewhere in the $40,000 not much for having to go to school for 7 years. please be kind, not all of them are heartless money grubbing jerks. I know, my husband it one of the nice ones.

What state are you in. I have a friend that needs a divorce in Florida.

I work for attorneys, so this is an area I am very well versed in.
Most are decent people.
The cutthroats tend to gravitate toward personal injury,
The SUPER cutthroats tend towards high level corporate clients
Liberal minded attorneys tend towards more criminal defense
The money-minded in that group tend to take mostly DUI cases.

On the whole, I would rate the attorneys I know right in the average of business professionals i/e white collar types.
What I find fascinating is how little white collar professionals understand about blue collar issues.
Virtually none of the attorneys I know, could begin to describe arboriculture, for example, or plumbing, or engine repair.
Just my humble observations.

I wish that the firm you work for was representative of all lawyers or even just a few. But it is not. Criminal lawyers and those who defend people charged with a DUI spend a career helping guilty people escape justice. We are talking about drunks who are loosing their license to drive all the way to drunks who kill people. Personal injury lawyers spend a lot of time making injuries out of nothing and pumping up small injuries to larger ones by shifting clients to "their" doctors. "Their" doctors are doctors they have in their back pockets for whatever reason. One doctor I knew about was obligated to a firm for getting him out of a malpractice suit where he actually did injure a patient. Divorce lawyers make their money by stripping a man of everything he has worked for all of his life. When it comes time to divide assets, the only assets I ever saw divided was what the man owned. I never have seen a woman anti up any money or property in a divorce. I guess maybe some of you know a rare exception somewhere. But I do not. Lawyers who are not busy manufacturing their "reasonable doubt" are busy looking for an angle or a corner to cut or some technicality to get guilty people off. It is how they make their money.

buff said:
I wish that the firm you work for was representative of all lawyers or even just a few. But it is not. Criminal lawyers and those who defend people charged with a DUI spend a career helping guilty people escape justice. We are talking about drunks who are loosing their license to drive all the way to drunks who kill people. Personal injury lawyers spend a lot of time making injuries out of nothing and pumping up small injuries to larger ones by shifting clients to "their" doctors. "Their" doctors are doctors they have in their back pockets for whatever reason. One doctor I knew about was obligated to a firm for getting him out of a malpractice suit where he actually did injure a patient. Divorce lawyers make their money by stripping a man of everything he has worked for all of his life. When it comes time to divide assets, the only assets I ever saw divided was what the man owned. I never have seen a woman anti up any money or property in a divorce. I guess maybe some of you know a rare exception somewhere. But I do not. Lawyers who are not busy manufacturing their "reasonable doubt" are busy looking for an angle or a corner to cut or some technicality to get guilty people off. It is how they make their money.

Well, I spend about 50 hours a week in the business, and quite frankly, I just don't see what you are referring to.
Maybe it is a better system here in Wisconsin, maybe you are bitter about something, I don't know. Where do you get all of this knowledge from? Can you actually point to a case? Because, honestly, it sounds like empty rhetoric to me. I felt the same way about criminal law, before actually doing it full time.

I work 50 hours a week in my business too. You sound like the man who played piano downstairs and never knew what what was going on upstairs. If you are a lawyer, you know very well what I am talking about. You just do not want to admit it.

Im not a lawyer, I'm not even an apologist for lawyers, but nice way to avoid my point.

I have plenty of real life stories that counter your opinion, but since you can't back it up with anything other than rhetoric, I assume you are just making all this up.

The fact is, you are misinformed.
My point had nothing to do with the number of hours I work, it was that I have vast experience in the field, something that you obviously do not.

Just a reminder.
In the United States of America we operate under a document of principles known as the Constitution.
According to that document, those accused of a crime are innocent until proven guilty.
Although it seems you would see things otherwise, it is the job of the government to prove the validity of a case that they bring against a criminal defendant.
If there were not defense attorneys and their ilk, there is/would be no check and balance to prevent the onset of tyranny, and the ultimate destruction of the bill of rights.
The job of a prosecutor is to pursue justice. The job of defense council is to defend their client to the best of their ability, regardless of their guilt and innocence.

Since you asked, I spend a great deal of my time telling attorneys just how guilty their clients are. These clients always see justice in some form.

You obviously do not understand the basics of our justice system, but if you are unwilling to divulge the most basic information (such as what part of the country you live in) it is impossible to debate you rationally like a gentleman.

I apologize if this sounds harsh, but it sounds to me like you are angry and bitter, and as long as you can point the finger at someone (attorneys) it helps you feel better about your limited view of our justice system.

There are some stories and anecdotes that back up two different views, one that justice is not swift or strong enough, and another that those accused of crimes do not receive a fair defense. But unless you can bring up specifics, or at least something beyond vague generalities, my continued debate is speculation.

I have a degree in criminal justice and I know all about how the system works. You want a case. Look at O.J. Simpson. Sure hope they find the right guy. I thought about becoming a lawyer once but I just could not make a living out of getting drunks and scum off by protecting their constitutional rights. Sorry if that sounds harsh and bitter. Wait until a piece of scum with constitutional rights rapes, mutilates and murders your daughter. How intellectual do you think you are going to be about that?

I have a degree in criminal justice and I know all about how the system works. You want a case. Look at O.J. Simpson. Sure hope they find the right guy. I thought about becoming a lawyer once but I just could not make a living out of getting drunks and scum off by protecting their constitutional rights. Sorry if that sounds harsh and bitter. Wait until a piece of scum with constitutional rights rapes, mutilates and murders your daughter. How intellectual do you think you are going to be about that? I know you will believe the perp is innocent until proven guilty. But your daughter was innocent too.

spacemule....Go get caught up with your probation officer before he hauls you in again.

How high up is your "high horse" buff? Not all lawyers represent scum and the guilty looking for a way out. What about the lawyers trying to put rapist, murderers behind bars? Why not try that buff?

"I apologize if this sounds harsh, but it sounds to me like you are angry and bitter, and as long as you can point the finger at someone (attorneys) it helps you feel better about your limited view of our justice system."

Yes it seems so! Buff has a bad habit of thinking he is better than most and isnt shy about it.

Um, you know "all about the system" and the best example you can bring up is a 15 year old case that the entire world saw on television?

By the way, were you on the OJ jury?

You can get a criminal justice degree on the internet.
Just cause Sally Struthers says so doesnt make you an expert.

My challenge stands. Bring up a pertinent issue. We'll discuss it.
Without getting personal.

You can bring up the rhetorical example of my ficticious daughter.
My answer is as follows - would I want to kill the scumbag? Absolutely.
Thats why we have judges and jurys. To be OBJECTIVE.

Here's one for you.
You live in Texas, and have a record of petty theft.
Your car breaks down, and you are walking along the road.
A sherriffs deputy sees you, at the same time driving from a murder scene.
No witnesses.
He picks you up, checks your record. You have no alibi, and were in the neighborhood.

Guess you deserve the chair huh?

I want to ask you an absolutely SERIOUS question.
Do you believe in upholding the constitution?
And if so - explain to me - IN DETAIL
HOW CAN A LAWYER "GET A GUILTY PERSON OFF"
Do you think they hold some kind of magician like charm over the rest of us?
And don't say some B.S. like "loopholes"
Give me an example of one.
YOU WROTE IT - "I know the system" so PROVE it.
Or are you just so much hot angry air.

Last edited:
Buffy, I was going to come up with something witty and clever, but I see you have already been slapped down, stay down. Too funny.

Latest posts

Back