Huskvarana T540

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jt769

Reaction score
I've had a T540 in the shop since February. They have changed out 3 things. It won't vent properly. They were told by Huskvarana that I should just run it at a half tank. I think that's BS. I payed good money for the saw I'm mad. I'm going to chip it if husky can't figure it out. Any recommendations

My company bought one to try it out. It's been down more than operational it seems like, now possibly permanently since the piston appears shot due to fuel spraying from the air intake. Less than a year in service including all the time it's been down. The Autotune has always been finicky. Never had an issue with the tank vent though I think. I like the ergonomics better than the MS201T but less than the CS355T

Biggest piece of crap I've ever had the misfortune to use in a tree, had it been mine I'd have unclipped it and thrown at something hard. It's a cold blooded hard starting unbalanced fragile hideous looking pile of absolute junk.

I honestly don't think modern huskies are up to professional arboriculture, they're so fragile and have nothing but issues. It's really disappointing how shithouse they are now

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

We had them when they came out, they were great out of the box.
I even bragged out the 2014 models, as the 2013 were mis-programmed,
they ran great for about 6 months, that was that,,
Now, the only thing I like about them is the air filters and the x-torque,,,
the new MS201TC is a good saw,,but the air filters are expensive as always,,
Jeff

I've not heard of a Huskvarana.....

I HAVE run the Husqvarna 335/338 XPT/Jonsered 2139T for 20 years... the last NE models rule with a 9/16th port added to the muffler . Gobs more torque than a 200T, chain speed is less, overall cut speed equal or faster..... reliable for quite some time until the hot start issue develops... the basic engine lasts and lasts...

If using a little 6" Vermeer chipper, have a stout wooden ramrod handy to assist with the feeding.

Come on, you shouldn't abuse equipment like that... putting a Husky chainsaw through a chipper. You could damage the chipper!

(I mean, there's still some metal parts in a 540T, right?)

Come on, you shouldn't abuse equipment like that... putting a Husky chainsaw through a chipper. You could damage the chipper!

(I mean, there's still some metal parts in a 540T, right?)
Stihl blowers chip just fine...

Would love to chip a 540xp, just cos

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I am not a saw brand snob, I run them all and have found anything pro level is exactly that. My 540Xp has hundreds of hours on it at this point without the slightest issue. Its very powerful but also very snappy so its my go to saw for removals but not for making nice pruning cuts.

I am not a saw brand snob, I run them all and have found anything pro level is exactly that. My 540Xp has hundreds of hours on it at this point without the slightest issue. Its very powerful but also very snappy so its my go to saw for removals but not for making nice pruning cuts.
Sounds like you got lucky as it sounds like Husqvarna's quality control is not as good as other manufacturers. Pistons and other parts shouldn't fail after six months.

Sorry to repost his joke, but twice in 5 years isnt to bad.

Germany and Sweden arrived at the pearly gates.

"Stop there fellows" said peter "We only have room for one of you and Im short of time, so whoever did the worst thing, will have not be allowed in and will end up in the other place."

With that he took out a laptop and opened it.

"Germany" He said sternly "It seems you have started two world wars, tried to exterminate several races, slaughtered millions of innocent civilians, and have created operas that have lasted days. You have been voted as europes worst neighbour EVER. You made death camps, poisonous gases, armys of destruction and conquest. Not good."

At this Germany gulped. Peter looked across at sweden, looked at the ledger and smiled.

"Sweden. You invented the 3 point seatbelt and let the world use it for free. You invented the ultrasound thats given millions of parents the ability to see their unborn babys and for doctors to help them so early on. Youve done very good work."

At this sweden beamed like a proud child while germany looked on nervously

"and giving out prizes for peace, quite wonderful. Oh and you make good things to, safe cars like the volvo and saab. And you made great tools so mankind could do great works....and..."

Peter stopped at a point on his laptop screen, looked up at sweden and turned grey. He reached forward and pulled a lever. Sweden screamed as the cloud he stood on gave way and he plummeted down in a fearful endless fall towards the gates of hades.

Left alone with peter, germany looked quezically at Peter. Peter sighed and said

"Your welcome in here germany, I just read what the top handled huskys were like on arboristsite, theres some things that just cant be forgiven."

Latest posts

Back