Husky 136 Carb Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat-face timber

Knot Bumper
Reaction score
On my new to me Husky 136 I have a question.
I received the saw from a fellow member. (you know who you are THANKS!!!)
I tried to start it and no go.
I could get it to sputter with a shot of STARTING FLUID (Just Kidding), I could get it to sputter with mix in the carb.
Tonight I pulled the carb, opened her up, and found a big glob of sawdust fines, cleaned everything up with carb cleaner, put everything back together. I left the H and L alone.
I tried to start it and I can get it to run but it never stays running long. I then turned the H and L all the way in, I them turned out. the L to 2 1/2 turns, the H to 1 3/4 turns to start. Well now it runs and starts ok, but when I wind it up it dies. I hold the saw and turn it on its side and it dies.

Where would you start with the H and L ?
Why does it die when it is on its side?

Thanks for any and all info.

I would do a pressure/vac test. If the intake boot has never been changed there is a good chance its leaking. They expand over time and do not have any clamps to hold them tight.

The reason for the problem of adjustments so far out is common on those saws.
Air leak.
either intake boot or impulse line,check carefully.
seals also.
pull jug up and reseal everything including plenty around the outside of the seals.
done a couple or more this winter all same problem.

Thanks to all that helped me with my little Husky.
I finally had some time to work on it again today.
When I put the carb back the last time, I somehow ? collapsed the fuel line!:bang::bang::bang:
I took the carb off this am, saw the fuel line flater than a ....... :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
Now I have a running 136 :rock:
Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back