Husky 141 carby help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is rebuilding the carb out of the question?
To be honest Jim,
I've had such good luck with the Cheapo Chicom carbs that it's almost not worth the time to rebuild some carbs anymore. I did take it apart and gumout the jets as best as possible. I try not to invest too much time in these really "affordable" :D saws...

Well consider that carb kits range from about 5 to 15 dollars, and are usually available at one of the local shops.
If you don't see any corrosion or hard sludge then it's likely good to go with a kit.
The person you sell it to will have a hard time getting it serviced with an aftermarket carb that is hard to identify when it comes to rebuild.

Well consider that carb kits range from about 5 to 15 dollars, and are usually available at one of the local shops.
If you don't see any corrosion or hard sludge then it's likely good to go with a kit.
The person you sell it to will have a hard time getting it serviced with an aftermarket carb that is hard to identify when it comes to rebuild.

loud and clear...
But I've rebuilt these things many times and never really just gotten the kinks worked out unless a new carb is sourced.
Honestly I just haven't had a "chicom" carby go bad yet...and most have been delivered for about the same price as a rebuild kit.

Back