Husky 141 stalls can anyone help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husky82

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a husqvarna 141, i am not sure what exactly is wrong with it. it will start fine and idle a for a little while. but if i throttle it it bawgs down and dies. if i just bump the throtle it will eventualy rev up to speed. I am not sure if i have a crack in a fuel line or what. it seems to me that i have some sort of carb problem. i think it might be running too rich but not sure how to fix the problem.

How old is it? Is it new? If its used Id check the airfilter first. If its clogged it will cause it to dump fuel when triggered with no air. If you clean the filter use compressed air and blow from the carb side out. If not that i would have the carb adjusted.

Clogged air filter, clogged exhaust screen, carb adjustment needed, air leak in fuel line, carb needs rebuilt or crank seals are shot. I'd check in that order... The high jet on the carb can be adjusted with a small slotted screwdriver although you need to be careful you don't lean it out too much. Thinking about it, it might have a carb limiter that controls how much you can adjust it but I'm not sure.

i'm not sure how rich you mix your fuel with oil.

if you go a little heavy on the oil,you may want to pull the muffler off and make sure the exhaust port and spark arrestor screen aren't clogged with carbon.

i'm going to lean towards a dirty air filter,carb adjustment ,carb rebuild,fuel line/filter.possibly all the above.

yep , it's to lean. Old gas could have 'shellacked' the inside of the carb and needs the HS jet run all the way in and back out to original setting.

Also check to be sure the intake manifold bolts havent loosened up and allowing to much air in. This can happen and will lean things out.

Thanks to every one who helpled me i will try to fix it with the advice every one has given me thanks.
Ok so i have adjusted the carb and it is running A LOT better. when i was in high school i raced moto cross with a honda cr125 and remember checking the spark plug to see how lean or rich i was running the bike. is that the same with saws and if so what color am i looking for

Last edited:
Thats a good final check, I look for tan and adjust accordingly if needed.

When setting mine I will tune for max RPM then keep richening it tilll it 'crackles" a bit in the exhaust note and back up a touch.

Works for me , YMMV

Someone else might be able to give a better explanation of the process they use.

Latest posts

Back