husky 181 se

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
513leonard

513leonard

ArboristSite Lurker
got a fleabay buy today. 181 se put fresh gas in it, pulled the cord twice, fired up about 2 seconds, flooded. pulled the plug it was soaked, cleaned it off still nothing. bout pulled my arm off trying got a couple of sputter at half-choked. every 3-4 pulled the plug soaked. after 7-8 pulls get fuel blowing out the muffler. any ideas. gonna have a guy look at tomorrow. Just want any idea what i may be in for.:dizzy:

andrethegiant70

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
An old Tilly should not be that expensive. $20, max. One of these fellows might be able to tell you what other saws might be donors. I suspect (but do not know for sure) that the 281 and 288 are candiidates. You have a little IPL work to do!

You might want to try rebuilding the one you have, though. You'd be amazed what that can cure!!

513leonard

513leonard

ArboristSite Lurker
An old Tilly should not be that expensive. $20, max. One of these fellows might be able to tell you what other saws might be donors. I suspect (but do not know for sure) that the 281 and 288 are candiidates. You have a little IPL work to do!

You might want to try rebuilding the one you have, though. You'd be amazed what that can cure!!

mechanic at the husky shop said parts missing from carb looked like it had rolled around a toolbox for a while. he said any hs series would work. If anybody has any laying around give me a price quote.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts