husky 181 se

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

513leonard

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
got a fleabay buy today. 181 se put fresh gas in it, pulled the cord twice, fired up about 2 seconds, flooded. pulled the plug it was soaked, cleaned it off still nothing. bout pulled my arm off trying got a couple of sputter at half-choked. every 3-4 pulled the plug soaked. after 7-8 pulls get fuel blowing out the muffler. any ideas. gonna have a guy look at tomorrow. Just want any idea what i may be in for.:dizzy:

It could be ignition as well carb problem.Did you check if you got steady spark ?If you get sparks,then clean the carb and look at the inlet tip condition,must have no ridge at the tip.

It could be ignition as well carb problem.Did you check if you got steady spark ?If you get sparks,then clean the carb and look at the inlet tip condition,must have no ridge at the tip.

get good spark. just seems to dump fuel

How do you use the choke? - too many pulls on choke will flood any saw.....

Check that it is operating correctly as well!

How do you use the choke? - too many pulls on choke will flood any saw.....

Check that it is operating correctly as well!

choke working. 2-3 pulls choked. when i pull the plug and pull it still pumps fuel out spark plug hole with no choke

Did you rebuild the carb? Is the inlet needle lever set to the correct height? Is there debris keeping the inlet needle from seating? Is the fuel filter in one piece and in good condition? Is the tank vent working correctly?

carb shot, missing base gasket, fuel line hard as a rock. what's a good price on a used carb?:monkey:

An old Tilly should not be that expensive. $20, max. One of these fellows might be able to tell you what other saws might be donors. I suspect (but do not know for sure) that the 281 and 288 are candiidates. You have a little IPL work to do!

You might want to try rebuilding the one you have, though. You'd be amazed what that can cure!!

An old Tilly should not be that expensive. $20, max. One of these fellows might be able to tell you what other saws might be donors. I suspect (but do not know for sure) that the 281 and 288 are candiidates. You have a little IPL work to do!

You might want to try rebuilding the one you have, though. You'd be amazed what that can cure!!

mechanic at the husky shop said parts missing from carb looked like it had rolled around a toolbox for a while. he said any hs series would work. If anybody has any laying around give me a price quote.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back