Husky 2101XP rebuild complete

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I was considering a bigger bar, still might!
Makes sense about the thin rings available from '84-'87. I'm pretty sure I just missed it since this saw is an '88.

Really nice 2101 ya got there Joe. I have been checking them out on you tube and am pretty impressed with them. Think I gotta add one to the list. Even though we dont have big wood around here...It still deserves a 36"

Really nice 2101 ya got there Joe. I have been checking them out on you tube and am pretty impressed with them. Think I gotta add one to the list. Even though we dont have big wood around here...It still deserves a 36"

Thanks Rick. ill have to utube it. I have seen Marks 1100 and that saw rips. Everyone has said 36" is what belongs on this saw so that's what ill be looking for.

Thanks Rick. ill have to utube it. I have seen Marks 1100 and that saw rips. Everyone has said 36" is what belongs on this saw so that's what ill be looking for.

Even though you don't have the wood for a 36" like me if you go smaller that saw just won't look right.

I only have a 30" on my homelite 2100 and it looks goofy. Go big or go home.

If lee quit buying up all the bars I could get a longer one. Rofl did I just say that??? :cheers:

ill be the one to disagree.......I reckon an 18" bar looks great on them.....especilly if they have a expansion pipe for a muffler....:greenchainsaw:

ill be the one to disagree.......I reckon an 18" bar looks great on them.....especilly if they have a expansion pipe for a muffler....:greenchainsaw:

+1:agree2:

sorry joe,

took me a while to find this thread...(was actually trying to remember/find Rick's UN...) looks GREAT man!! better than when I first saw it...

I might know someone with a few 30" + bars, and a BRANDY new chainbrake cover :monkey: :cheers:

Never saw one with half wrap handles. As far as what it will do I ran a2100 with a 42 and buried it in wood more than once. It will EAT 28 inch stuff big time.:chainsawguy::blob2::rockn:

nice saw. i'm working on a 2100 right now. got the thin rings, unfortunately the piston was scored but i got it running after cleaning it up a little, don't know what the compression is yet but it went through some good size maple with a 28" bar. yeah, 36" would look much better.

Last edited:
Never saw one with half wrap handles. As far as what it will do I ran a2100 with a 42 and buried it in wood more than once. It will EAT 28 inch stuff big time.:chainsawguy::blob2::rockn:

C'mon, HONESTLY now...

it OREGON, do you EVER see 90+cc saws that half half wraps???? especially older all metal saws????

lol.

on the east coast we NEVER see full wraps...unless they're 'imported'... :D:D

I may have a full wrap for JOE25DA IF he ever returns to his post....

gonna have to call out the dogs!!!

Joe's been scarce latley, just dropping in here and there.

He bought a house and has been busy getting ready for the big move.

He'll be back around.

Hey Mark,

I just saw him post that in the Poulan thread.

WELL!!! he certainly has time to get 4 saws for $15 so I can't, doesn't he!! lol

This thread is kinda like watching a movie that the end has been taped over.

I want to know the end of this story, what size bar and how did she run.

TT

Latest posts

Back