Husky 272

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmoose

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just acquired a husky 272. I was just wanting to ask if the parts are still available and what other husky models share the same parts .

Most stuff is available oem, certain things are not. 272 is last in the 162/266/268 family of saws, a lot of parts will fit but there were 2 styles of crankcase (2piece ign vs 1 piece ign) and different intakes and top covers, early cranks had coarse threads, later ones had fine threads....early mufflers were a little shorter than the later one like is on your 272.

Thank u for the info. Are there any jonsared models that are the same?

625, 630 and 670 Jonsered are the same family but the 268XP, 268 and 272 are all the later case system....the 625II, 630 Super II and 670 Super II and Champ are all the later cases too. Many parts interchange between early and late but not all.....can't type all the similarities and differences.....very interesting family of saws red and orange.

I got a 630 champ with it to.
MMMMmmmmmmm there was no 630 Champ....The Champ was the 670 because it won a number of world class saw competitions in the mid to late 90s.....previously it was called the 670 Super II......after numerous wins it became the "Champ".....before that it was the old style 670 with a two piece ign.

I will take a closer look when I get home.
Well it is as I've stated......however you may well have a 630 with a 670 Champ recoil cover as that was the only place that said Champ on the saw.....and of course the recoils are interchangeable...but again...there was never a 630 Champ....

2D93F8C9-BACC-4123-8022-516935A6217D.jpeg You were right ....I wasn’t questioning your knowledge .... thr guy said it was a 630 champ and it was dark so I didnt get a good look at it. So how many ccs it it?

View attachment 625896 You were right ....I wasn’t questioning your knowledge .... thr guy said it was a 630 champ and it was dark so I didnt get a good look at it. So how many ccs it it?

That looks like it will clean up nicely...nice saws and well worth the effort to bring back to good running condition!!!

I do not mean to hy-jack the thread but, since we are talking jonsereds. Anyone know if the older style chain brakes on the 625,630,670 fit the newer one piece coil saws 625II,630II, 670II.

Back