husky 350 carb settings?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmemmert

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've got a buddy that gave me 3 husky 350 saws that didn't run. I got one of them to run, but the carb needs adjusted badly. What is the factory setting for L and H? Is it 1 out or 1.5...etc I just need a good starting point.

Thanks,

Jon

Unless you remove the limiters from the needles you will not be able to adjust the carb by putting the needles into the seats and turning 1 or 1.5 out. If the saw will run, turn the LA or T or idle screw in far enough to get the chain moving on the bar. Then turn the L needle in or out till the chain is moving as fast as possible on the bar. Blip the throttle a few times to make sure. Now turn the L needle about ¼ turn counter clockwise (pinch rich) and turn the LA screw counterclockwise till the chain stops moving on the bar. This should set the low end of the saw. The saw should accelerate normally. To set the H or high speed, you will need a tach. If the above adjustments don’t work, you will need to rebuild the carb or the saw has deeper problems. Best to do this with the saw clamped in a bench vice.

I recently got a free 350 that didn't run. Turned out to be a bad fuel line. Now limiter-free it runs great!

Check your fuel and impulse lines! Mine was bad right where it came thru the top of the tank, next to the carb.

Just skated out to the shop to check my little 350. L needle is exactly 1 and ¼ turns out (counterclockwise) from seated. The H needle is exactly 1 and 1/8 turns out from seated. If 1 and 1 on your saw is not giving you joy, something else is wrong.

Latest posts

Back