Husky 350 fuel line,,,,,,,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I’m working on another 350 that’s suppose to be a runner. Great spark, good compression, just won’t run. We went to replace the fuel line, fuel filter. At the same time I’m changing the plastic clamp on the carb manifold. Forget the husky clamp with the snap lock. I have the stainless screw clamps. Now changing the fuel line is a birch. I tried a angle cut on the hose, it doesn’t just push in. We lubed the hose no help. Now a brain storm idea I cut the hose in half length wise enough to grab the hose in the tank with forceps and pull the hose in. I cut the hose in half and left an angle cut on the other half. The older huskys were so much simpler. But that’s ok it’s a learning curve, it tests us. I just purchased long forceps and extra long needle nose pliers.

You could try doing the length wise cut, and it'll probably work.

I've done it, but don't like it that much. Not that it doesn't work, it does, but I always ran into two problems:
1: You end up eating more line than you should trying to install it.
2: When you do grab the line and start to pull it though, it tears and breaks.

The method I employ and have had good success with is: cutting the line at steep angle, and with a gloved hand (for grip) twisting it down like a screw, so that in kinks itself into a L shape, and it goes down into the fuel tank without much effort. With that 90° bend/twist it thins itself just enough to go a bit further with downward force, then snaps itself back into it's original form.
Then you can grab it with some long pliers or hemostats, and pull it the rest of the way.
When I've done this, very little damage was done to the line, if any at all. Just try to favor the shape of the line (it'll just reset itself anyway though).

Doing a cut in half method got the end of the hose in the tank. The long forceps pulled it in the tank. This was piggly curled gas hose.

Latest posts

Back