Husky 350 idle problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewRiver

Reaction score
I recently bought a used Husky 350. The saw was/is in very nice shape, but the gas tank was cracked and leaked, so I replaced it.
This saw starts on the second pull and runs & cuts great. It idles well for the first few minutes of use. After it warms up (about 10 - 12 minutes) it dies on idle. I can restart it warm, and it runs fine as long as I keep a little pressure on the throttle, but it won't idle warm. I'm using fresh gas and new air filter.
Any suggestions you have are are sincerely appreciated.

You probably have already done it but if not, go to the Husky website and download the manual and print it out. It will clearly show you the proper adjustments and setup. For some reason your air-fuel mixture is off for the idle setting. Adjust first if possible then buy parts and service if necessary. At least you will have done the easy stuff. Clean filters? Gas and air? Since it starts easy and chokes out when hot I'm thinking you are on the rich side of idle.

But download the manual, it's free.

I appreciate the prompt replies.
I'll study the carb adjustments in the manual and work on that. I'll replace the fuel filter as well.

Latest posts

Back