Husky 350 worth saving??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here is what she looks like inside.
1. Where the muffler did some melting.
DSC01960.jpg

2.There was not a gasket between the bottom and top ends!! and it looks like some heating did some melting on the inside of the case but it isn't bad. Can I use RTV Blue for the new gasket or do I need the paper one??
DSC01964.jpg

3 The piston. Ring stuck and it is chewed pretty good only on the exhaust port side.
DSC01968.jpg

4. Cylinder looks good to me, maybe just some cleanup and it should be fine.
DSC01967.jpg
DSC01966.jpg

And this was stuck in the bottom of the case, I don't even know if is part of this saw????
DSC01970.jpg

Other than that I found the intake boot did have a tear under the clamp. I also was wondering where to measure the piston to see if it is a 44 or 45mm? The skirt measure 1.740".

It's usually printed on top of the cylinder what size it is. Looks like a new piston kit is in order, they're not too expensive on the bay. You can probably get away with silicone between the block and cylinder. If there's no aluminum imbedded on the cylinder walls maybe a light scuffing will be all you'll need, don't hone it. If you can see some aluminum on it take a little muratic acid and a q tip and remove it. I think the procedure is somewhere here on AS. If the intake boot is torn anywhere replace it.

Well I finally got around to putting her all together this morning. This saw screams in the cut, I was quite impressed.
IMG_0340.jpg

yea, yea, I know it took 2 months but I did fix up aver 30 others in that 2 months:msp_biggrin: I fixed 5 today even. I offered the carcass to a guy a few weeks back for $60 but I am glad he passed now.

Latest posts

Back