Husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting some hi heat permeate on the adapter plate and a metal clamp on intake boot, will that do it

metal clamp yes...

you want loctite 515, 518, or something like yamabond, 1194, or some type of FUEL RESISTANT sealant. i have 515 that I use, and I know Randy mastermind uses 518. weimedog uses 1194.

here's a used 45mm oem cylinder... I do not know the seller here... just sending a link for what I found on ebay....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-3...007?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b882c94f

needs a new 45mm meteor piston as well...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/METEOR-BRAN...163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c4da9503

or you can spend about $250 on a P&C from spike60 that is the 346xp kit. like sawtroll said... pricey.

i'm still not convinced the 350 is for you. i think its a bit small for what you are looking for. I think the 357xp /359 is likely more up your alley.....best of luck though....

Mattyo, thank you sir. You have been most helpful from start to finish. This is where I am today and is subject to change at will. I will let you know if my plans change or if I get it running.

all good.

if you decide to sell it as a parts saw, I already know someone that might take it as is... which in your case, is what I would suggest for you. but if you are committed to getting this one done yourself... keep us posted here and we'll guide you... no prob.

I am leaning towards just putting a p/c on it, seal the adapter plate, change plastic clamp to metal then see how it goes. It sounds like that should get it back to being a reliable running saw. Anything else I should do?
This is the best plan you have had. But I think your best price would be the OEM cylinder for $75 and a new Meteor 353 piston. Then when you have the saw completely dis assembled take about .020" off the top of the adapter to raise the compression some more. That's where the most power gain is.

I am leaning towards just putting a p/c on it, seal the adapter plate, change plastic clamp to metal then see how it goes. It sounds like that should get it back to being a reliable running saw. Anything else I should do?

I haven't read all post here, actually very few - but the fact is that the humble 350 likely is the best "homeowner" type chainsaw ever made - and unlike the true clamshells, you can improve performance with a 346xp top end....

I have not used one of weedeatmns A.M 346 kits He did not have them yet. when I rebuilt a 350 using a AM 346 bigbore kit. It is a good runner most people can't tell the difference.in the two.

Looks to be a load of blow-by baked onto that piston and the wrist pin looks a bit dark/heated also.
makes you wonder how far the wall plating is worn in the bore. Is it close to gone around the exhaust?

Could just be the pics make it look worse than it ought to.

Just annoys me to see pics that somehow manage to blur or obscure the main thing you're trying to learn fron that photo. I Wonder why that is?

Short of there being a hurricane bearing down on you and you're shooting with a bic lighter to see by, There's just really NO fathomable excuse for people to post crappy photos in a sale listing.

But firstly, thanks to Mattyo forlooking up a listing and linking.
and just let my curmudgeonly mutterings about the sellers camera skills just be
some noise outta me.

Old curmudgeon, first off the saw was not listed for sale. I wanted help with how to and was it worth it to rebuild it. Then I had some sale/trade offers but decided to give it a go myself.
Secondly, that is the first time I ever took pics of a cylinder. Im sure my skills will improve with future postings.
All that being said, you sir seem to indicate I am intentionally attempting to deceive prospective buyers. And I take a bit of offence to that. It is not intentionally that your money shot is blurred and in no way would I try to deceive the folks on AS. They have been most helpful with projects and the purchases I have made.
So In the intrest of good will, I will take notice of your ramblings and try to improve my pic skills and if you would refrain from slandering my reputation, it would be much appreciated. Thank you

So you're telling me that this is your ad/listing for the cylinder and piston? (post #62)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-3...007?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b882c94f
Because this is what I was referring to, for the bad photography.
I never said I thought that you trying to sell a saw
I was under the impression that the series of photos (post #20) with the piston cradled in the
pliers handle was your saw and that you were looking for opinions on the condition of it.

Assuming that I actually have the order of photos and persons correct
Then I made no inference that you were selling anything.

No that is not my posting on ebay. I figured you were referring to the pic of my 350, yes the piston in the pliers handle. But since you have explained yourself... I thank you for your concern of the condition of the suggested piston purchase.
My apologies for the misinterpretation.

Latest posts

Back