Husky 353 vs 346

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excess650

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
CAD continues! I'm looking for a middleweight and the Husky 350, 353, and 346 all appear to be candidates. I don't know of a local Dolmar dealer, so the 5100 may be moot. The 353 appears to be a 350 dressed in magnesium vs plastic. How do the 353/350 and 346 compare head to head? Is there really any noticeable difference in weight, handling, and cutting?:chainsaw:

CAD continues! I'm looking for a middleweight and the Husky 350, 353, and 346 all appear to be candidates. I don't know of a local Dolmar dealer, so the 5100 may be moot. The 353 appears to be a 350 dressed in magnesium vs plastic. How do the 353/350 and 346 compare head to head? Is there really any noticeable difference in weight, handling, and cutting?:chainsaw:

Where in Pennsyltuckey are you? I might know a Dolmar dealer. As for the saws, they are all in their own classes. Cutting; the 346 wins.

Where in Pennsyltuckey are you? I might know a Dolmar dealer. As for the saws, they are all in their own classes. Cutting; the 346 wins.

I'm between Harrisburg and Carlisle. There doesn't seem to be any shortage of Stihl dealers, but the others are scarce. The local Husky and Echo dealer only carries the same Husqvarnas as Lowes:censored:

The specs show the 350/353 and 346 to be very similar in weight and HP, but the 346 appears to rev 10% higher. I wouldn't have thought the real world performance would have been noticeably different.

I'm between Harrisburg and Carlisle. There doesn't seem to be any shortage of Stihl dealers, but the others are scarce. The local Husky and Echo dealer only carries the same Husqvarnas as Lowes:censored:

The specs show the 350/353 and 346 to be very similar in weight and HP, but the 346 appears to rev 10% higher. I wouldn't have thought the real world performance would have been noticeably different.

Sorry, but I am from NW Pennsyltuckey and can't help you with a dealer.

The 353 is a good saw, I have the JRed equivalent and really like it. If you aren't a power junkie, it will last for years and cut with an 18" bar all day. So will the 346, but the 353 will be slower. The 346 runs at higher rpms and is a real hot rod.

The NE346xp beats the 353 with a wider margin than the specs tell you, at least imo.

They weight and handle the same, the 350 is a tad lighter because of the plastic case.

if you have the $$$ buy the 346. comparing specs on paper does not do it any justice.

i believe the 346xp is alllllllllllmost the flagship of the husky range, second only just, to the 372xp. Im failry confident that the troll will agree

I love my 346!

STK

We run all the above and I can tell you if you get the 346XP-NE you will be very happy with it as for local dealers... you can try Best Line Equipment in Mechanicsburg, PA ask for Nate or KME Outdoor Power Equipment in Etters both will be able to fix you up with a great new Husky.... all within 25 miles from you.:)

If you want a like new used 346XP-NE I think I have one but I won't be in town until May 13th.

Last edited:
Make sure you aren't comparing the old edition 346xp specs with the 350/353. The NE 346xp is 50cc, and 3.7hp I believe.

only issue with the 346... some dealers dont stock it as they cant see a use for a pro saw that small at a larger price.

maybe they should get out in the bush for a few days :monkey:

i love my 346!

The NE346xp beats the 353 with a wider margin than the specs tell you, at least imo.

They weight and handle the same, the 350 is a tad lighter because of the plastic case.

I'm not sure what the actual advertised specs are but if you strip a 346 and a 350 both down to the case (cranks still installed) the mag case 346 weighs a tad less than the plastic 350.

Both are great saws but my 346 is much peppier and faster than my 350.

if you have the $$$ buy the 346. comparing specs on paper does not do it any justice.

i believe the 346xp is alllllllllllmost the flagship of the husky range, second only just, to the 372xp. Im failry confident that the troll will agree

I love my 346!

STK

Yep! :cheers: :cheers:

I'm not sure what the actual advertised specs are but if you strip a 346 and a 350 both down to the case (cranks still installed) the mag case 346 weighs a tad less than the plastic 350.

Both are great saws but my 346 is much peppier and faster than my 350.

Knock it off please.
I got a 141 a few years back and does well for me. Still runs great. I get a 350 last year as I'm cutting more of my own firewood. The lighter weight is a consideration for me because I'm a smaller guy. I'm happy with the 350 also.
Now I hear more of the 346 XP and it's like, Hummmmm...

Think I got CAD.

350new.jpg

Kevin

Lot of Pennsyltuckians on this thread. Maybe a GTG is in order for the summer. What do you all think?

It might be a possibility. Do you have a location in mind? Hmmmm chainsaws:chainsaw: beer:givebeer: maybe some hot women with chainsaws:cheers: need more beer:givebeer: sounds like a good idea to me!

I was at my friends shop today to get my brushcutter blade sharpened and order an edger attachment for my Husky 326 LDX trimmer. I checked out the NE 346 xp first hand. It's ok.

Just kidding. It's sweet. Think I picked it up five times then put it back on the shelf. List was $479. Do I want one? Sure I do. Do I need one? No, the 350 does it for now.

Maybe next year.

After I got back from there I had the chainsaw joneses.
Hopped on the yard tractor with cart in tow, hit the woods and did a quick 1/2 cord. Whew. Like a fix.

Sideview-1.jpg

Kevin

Back