Husky 357 or 365?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipjack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new saw and I'm considering either a 357xp or 365. They are both around the same hp (4.4 vs. 4.6), but the 357 has a higher rpm. I'll only being using the saw to cut firewood and clear some brush occasionally & small trees. Any opinions?

I used to have a 365 and really liked it. Not a high revver but loads of torque. If your firewood is mostly over 16" go with the 365. If your firewood is smaller and you are cutting a lot of small trees and brush, go with the 357. It is lighter and revs very nicely.

I ran a 257xp & 357XP at work....I also ran the 372 at work. I bought a 365 on the advice of a co-worker. I'm glad I did. Doesn't beat me the way the 372 does and the 365 has much more forgiving power than the 357. It's negative vs. 357 is weight. The negative of the 365 vs. a 372 is..power, BUT the 372 feels much heavier(even though it isn't) and the ones I ran were a pain to start as compared to my 365. If I was to do it all over again...Istill would buy the 365 again. Nice all around saw for fire wood and maintaining my woods. I would recommend a 20 or even a 24 inch bar. It has the power even with the hard wood I cut and for what ever reason a 18inch husky bar is the same effective length as my 16 inch Homelite!

I have a 365, and I love the saw. It is getting a bit tired, and I am thinking of rebuilding it as a 372, but I would definitely buy another 365 if I was in the market for a new saw...:D :D

Back