Husky 357xp crank snapped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both a 357xp and a 359 that need work, is it worth combining the 2 to make one hot saw? what would I have to do to make this work? The 357xp has a broken tab where the chain brake attaches on the flywheel side and the 359 has a wobbled out hole where the chain brake attaches on the clutch side, other than that their both in good working order.

Yeah, like Neal said, ya have to tear em down and swap crank cases. Not too hard, but a good bit of work. We like to run the 359 top end because it's a couple more CCs', but nothing wrong with the 357 top end. They both respond well to porting.

Well I have finally got all my parts together, crank, bearings, seals and gasket and I've started to strip the saw. The first problem I have is how to get the flywheel off without the puller tool. Anyone got any suggestions.

This is the first saw I've stripped this far so any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Darren

I back the FW nut to the end of the shaft, and then rap it a few times while holding the saw off the bench by the fins on the FW. I hold one of the fins with a pair of pliers, tap, tap, tap, and then turn the FW and repeat. The FW usually pops off after a couple of turns. Just make sure the top of the crankshaft is covered by the nut.

Thanks for the advice but that still wouldn't move it. I ended up making a puller with a piece of angle and 3 bolts which worked a treat. Tomorrow is splitting the case time, fingers crossed!

Back