Husky 359 bar lenth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marklambert61

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Team,

Now that I have done the muffler mod the saw runs strong I would like to put a 28" bar on my saw.

However 24" seems to be as long as I can find I currently have a 24" bar. With that bar you actually get about an 18" max cut with the Alaskan mill I have.

Man maybe I just need to find a bigger saw like an 066 Stihl...

Mark...:confused:

Team,

Now that I have done the muffler mod the saw runs strong I would like to put a 28" bar on my saw.

However 24" seems to be as long as I can find I currently have a 24" bar. With that bar you actually get about an 18" max cut with the Alaskan mill I have.

Man maybe I just need to find a bigger saw like an 066 Stihl...

Mark...:confused:

I would highly reccommend the 066 or 395 if youre gonna be milling 18" and above. Dont get me wrong, the smaller displacement saws will mill, but torque is your friend when milling. The 359 will thank you when you get a bigger saw.:greenchainsaw:

I have a 357xp with an 18" bar, can't imagine much bigger of a bar on it, especially in hardwood, afterall, it's no 361 hahahaha.. I would think the larger saws would save your smaller saw from burning out.. I too am in the market for something larger then my 7900 Dolmar why?..just for fun...good luck!!

28" is a tad to long for a 359.Now i use a 395 and 30" bar almost all the time,and it works great on hardwood. I have a359, but don't use it for milling anything over 10". Only because it saves me gas do i use the 359, but only on small stuff.If you are planning on milling alot of big hardwood, i'd look into a bigger saw The 395 can handle anything you put to it. I also use 066 saws for backup. Mark

Latest posts

Back