Husky 362xp 'Special'

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam08ski

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So what is the difference between a 362xp and a 362xp special?

I have picked up a 362xp special and have not even managed to look at it to see what makes it so special...

yep, may sound right this one is a small mount. I assume the XP will mean a closed port cylinder? unlike this open port 365?

The small mount 362's are pita. They have the front tensioner only, but have a dual port closed and not the quad loops as already mentioned.
With a bit of work, they are at least as fast as a stock 372.

The small mount 362's are pita. They have the front tensioner only, but have a dual port closed and not the quad loops as already mentioned.
With a bit of work, they are at least as fast as a stock 372.

So what kind of work are we looking at??? I am not after a saw for a long bar. Want to keep this at 20". I have an 038 mag for the long bars that has had a bit of work done to it on the muffler, and intake and exhaust ports. That thing is a beauty in any large diameter wood and I cannot get it to bog down at all. It is a beauty for me.:chainsaw: This 362xp I would like as a saw between my Jonsered 2150 and the 038 mag. I was going to do a muffler mod and a light port on the intake and exhaust. I don't really have the tools to get in nicely and open up the transfers.. I have a 372xp in bits but this is not destined for me but promised to someone else when it is done.

Old and new edition 362's

Hi, I have a surrogate 372 cover on my 362 so can't tell that easily. The tag says 362XP SP.
It does have the felling marker/black line on the top cover, small bar mounts and black air filter clips.

I have tried to salvage the cylinder, but it cleaned up good apart from one score which looks like it was caused by debris being pulled through somehow.

I have found a £15 365 closed port mahle cylinder and a new meteor piston kit for the closed port.

This is what I have at the moment, nothing is screwed down hence the crookedness of most parts.IMAG1120[1].jpg

Latest posts

Back