Husky 365 design flaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubicon

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, haven't posted in a while but I need your opinion on something. I recently changed a crankcase/oil tank gasket on a three year old Husky 365 because the gasket had been squished to the inside of the oil tank and it was leaking badly. While examining the crankcase halves I noticed an air leak waiting to happen. On the clutch side, the oil pump mounts directly to the crankcase with two screws. The problem I have with this is that the screw holes are drilled right through to the inside of the crankcase. It seems to me that the only thing preventing air from entering or escaping the crankcase is the screw threads. Am I wrong in thinking that this could pose a serious problem over time as the screws may loosen slightly and let air into the case? Also, on another subject, when regapping the ignition coil to 0.012" I noticed that only two of the three legs on the coil are gapped. The third comes nowhere near the flywheel. Is this a new design of coil or is this one faulty? The saw works perfectly, just thought I would share my observations. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back