Husky 365 special real or china ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry Syd

Terry Syd

Addicted to ArboristSite
The Australian chainsaw market also influences the interest in cheap Chinese chainsaws. The prices of new chainsaws is roughly twice what Americans pay. I got interested in importing parts and the Chinese saws after getting screwed by the local Husky shop - they charged me $180 for a single piston and ring for a 450 Husky. I could have had an entire top-end with gaskets delivered to my door from the States for the same price. Once burned, twice shy - or stated another way - 'they can go fork themselves'

The Chinese saw may not have a magnesium case or quality metalurgy, it is what it is, a cheaper version of a chainsaw. If I was humping a saw through the bush for a living, I'd want a lightweight and quality built tool. However, I'm a firewood hack who pulls the saw out of his truck to cut up firewood, I can live with the small drawbacks of a cheaper substitute.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
That is correct, the 01263 is what I was refering to, that would be the 1,263 unit built that week, and I have never yet to see that high of a number of units built in 1 week. I have seen as high as 400 units in 1 week, but never a 1,000. Hope that clears up any confusion.

I understand your statement now! They made "room" for five digit "unit" numbers early 1999, when they last made any major changes to the number system, but I don't know if they ever have actually used all five (or even four of them). :msp_smile:

spike60

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Your pathetic.

No, I'm right on this. Too bad you're too upset about the "mate" comment to see it. I see that I should really apologize to all the Aussie members, except maybe you because you're just too wound up.

My position on these knockoff saws is consistant regardless of who sells them. I don't need you to suggest that I target Baileys or anyone else the same way I got on MCW. I made a point that I still feel is valid: Drawing a line between the good vs bad knockoffs is a very week argument. You can't argue both sides of the courtroom without looking like a moron. But if that's what you or anyone want to do, it will be fun to watch. Guess we aren't going to find any common ground here, are we?

Terry's comments on the other hand about the insane prices you guys pay down there does explain part of the problem as it naturally encourages guys to look for alternatives. It's amazing how these prices can vary so much between countries. It's outragous what the guys just up in Canada have to pay. Those prices are a tree hugger's dream come true.

Fred Wright

Fred Wright

Addicted to ArboristSite
A bit off topic...

but I'd like to share this one.

There was an article in the local fishwrapper yesterday, seems some Downstate fellows got busted selling bogus cartons of Newport cigarettes. The packs even had fake tax stamps.

Country of origin: China.

Applehead

Applehead

ArboristSite Operative
I had my suspicions about this saw (OP) when it was advertised in the AS classifieds and asked for the serial number to no avail...

It was listed on ebay at the same time , before I knew she was a fake. I sent you a message telling you the saw was sold pending payment, which it was.
After finding out it was a copy I removed the AS listing , contacted & refunded the ebay buyer , (ended up having quite a long and enjoyable conversation with the husky builder who wanted it BTW .)

Your post is rather accusitory .

Rudolf73

Rudolf73

Addicted to ArboristSite
It was listed on ebay at the same time , before I knew she was a fake. I sent you a message telling you the saw was sold pending payment, which it was.
After finding out it was a copy I removed the AS listing , contacted & refunded the ebay buyer , (ended up having quite a long and enjoyable conversation with the husky builder who wanted it BTW .)

Your post is rather accusitory .

Thanks for clearing that up. No one is accusing anyone of anything. What I meant to say was if I had know the serial # we could have cleared this up a lot sooner (I have the exact same fake saw with the same serial # packaged in the same way).

Applehead

Applehead

ArboristSite Operative
Hey Apple,

WG, Was this saw originally listed on the Hudson Valley craigslist? If it was, it caught my eye as well.

Prolly. I bought it last Oct. & shelved it till now , seller listed it after the big storm. I contacted him in person this week n/g..... Can't get blood from a stone ; Major league loser as well as being an asshat.

Applehead

Applehead

ArboristSite Operative
Thanks for clearing that up. No one is accusing anyone of anything. What I meant to say was if I had know the serial # we could have cleared this up a lot sooner (I have the exact same fake saw with the same serial # packaged in the same way).

Its all good.

I have to wonder how many phony units are out there unknown to the owners , thousands or perhaps hundred thousands?

This counterfeit epidemic from the chicoms is wrong on so many levels..:msp_mad:

AUSSIE1

AUSSIE1

Al.
Ned and Wild’s fight site Vic. Australia.
No, I'm right on this. Too bad you're too upset about the "mate" comment to see it. I see that I should really apologize to all the Aussie members, except maybe you because you're just too wound up.

My position on these knockoff saws is consistant regardless of who sells them. I don't need you to suggest that I target Baileys or anyone else the same way I got on MCW. I made a point that I still feel is valid: Drawing a line between the good vs bad knockoffs is a very week argument. You can't argue both sides of the courtroom without looking like a moron. But if that's what you or anyone want to do, it will be fun to watch. Guess we aren't going to find any common ground here, are we?

Terry's comments on the other hand about the insane prices you guys pay down there does explain part of the problem as it naturally encourages guys to look for alternatives. It's amazing how these prices can vary so much between countries. It's outragous what the guys just up in Canada have to pay. Those prices are a tree hugger's dream come true.

Just as I expected...different rules, same excuses. Your lacking.

I don't have a problem with your opinion on these saws whatsoever and haven't made a comment as such as you lack the ability to see.

Pull your head out of your backside and keep your nose down and maybe there might be a glimmer of hope.

tommyus4

tommyus4

ArboristSite Operative
Hey Apple,

Was this saw originally listed on the Hudson Valley craigslist? If it was, it caught my eye as well.

You see the one from Middletown: (on the HVCL)

ms362

"this saw i just bought brand new and didnt realize that i have two all ready so i would love to sell it has double spike kit and a 20'bar and a case it all gose for 700+ uncle same like to get 600.00 for it this saw rips and is not heavy at all call at (I deleted phone#) make great xmas present to someone "

Screams ripoff. Who doesn't know they have 2?

Jtheo

Jtheo

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Its all good.

I have to wonder how many phony units are out there unknown to the owners , thousands or perhaps hundred thousands?

This counterfeit epidemic from the chicoms is wrong on so many levels..:msp_mad:

You are right about that. It complicates things.

There was a 372Xp that sold today on eBay. The guy said that he had assembled the saw from new parts, and it looked new.

I asked a question. Are the parts Husqvarna OEM?

He replied that Husqvarna was now having all their parts made in China.

Well that told me that the saw was built with Chinese knock off parts, so I did not bid, but someone paid $565 for that saw.

If not for this thread, I might have bid on that saw.

Applehead

Applehead

ArboristSite Operative

ms362

"this saw i just bought brand new and didnt realize that i have two all ready so i would love to sell it has double spike kit and a 20'bar and a case it all gose for 700+ uncle same like to get 600.00 for it this saw rips and is not heavy at all call at (I deleted phone#) make great xmas present to someone "

Wow , no red flags there,..lol
All in all though I have had good luck with CL, both buying and selling.
Got duped this time . Clever forgery , my lack of knowledge about the possibility of copies , and a dishonest & deceitful person.
I am more cynical for it.

woodgrenade

woodgrenade

ArboristSite Guru

ms362

Yeah man I saw that one too. Something wasn't quite right with it.

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!

I won't keep going on this Spike as you still can't seem to differentiate between outright deception/fraud and copying - there is actually a difference. I can also see why you're pis*ed off as what has happened with knock offs has the ability to effect your business but probably not to the extent you think. As mentioned if I'd have said that these saws were a piece of crap then you'd have laughed your head off but alas, they are not crap and that's where you got your knickers in a knot.
Also can you please explain from a legal standpoint why a copied saw is different from any sum of it's copied parts? Don't the same copyright laws apply? Don't try to single me out all because I opened my mouth. I won't give you a lecture on why China have gotten where they are today but I can assure you it is not because of little old me and a couple of chainsaws. When you have the major chainsaw players sourcing parts from China it pays to ask why. It all comes down to one word - profits! Why have these major companies outsourced components to China when they had no need to? Why do the Stihlheads carry on proud as punch about "our US made Stihls" when the second you pull the lid it has "China" stamped on the carby? Even the major players are sourcing parts from China yet somehow you think I'm worse. My dollar contribution to China was tiny in comparison.
I know it's tough to fathom but there is actually a BIG difference between the cheaper knockoffs and the better knockoffs. I paid nearly double for the better 365 copies based on later models. Also when I stated earlier that "I copped a lot of flak" from that 365 copy thread I knew I would. I was also asked to start the same thread on a different chainsaw forum.
If you can find a thread anywhere or ANY information where I have said to purchase a knock off over a genuine saw or have given contact information on who to contact in China to source these saws then fire away. If you'd have bothered to check I have been pretty consistent in saying that the only way to guarantee genuine is through an authorised dealer. You want to know WHY I have been saying that? Because I have purchased saw copies and have also had bar and chain copies as well - because of this I KNOW how good these cunning little bastards have gotten. Until I started that thread you had no idea how good they had become either, which is exactly why you cracked the sooks and desperately wanted to point the finger at someone to blame. My original thread and some of my following comments have been a wake up call to many, including yourself (and myself to boot!).

I can also confidentally say that quite some time ago I tried to source genuine Husqvarna 365 saws from the US to test the BB kits and the dealer (maybe yourself?) stated to the guy trying to find them for me (you'd know who) that the Husqvarna 365 is "no longer available". I tried...
I have emails to back that up as well.

Applehead

Applehead

ArboristSite Operative
First run report on the chusky is not all bad.
1st ; Recoil rope had to be changed out with a heavy duty kevlar job, as someone else stated the metal spool kept loppinig the cord off almost every time you pulled the damn thing.
2. Adj. carb . Saw starts easy, It did run rough and would stall at idle out of the box. Turned L jet 1/2 turn rich, & Idle up 1/4 turn. Much smoother, no stalling. Will readjust from spec after break in period, running 40:1 mix with the 24" bar it came with.
Power seems on par with other 65 cc saws, throttle response is ok, a little sluggish. I havn't put her in any big wood yet mostly small to 10 " size I had on the pile here, I will get the chance later today to cut some bigger stuff.
Only time will tell about the durability of the thing , if I didn't know better I would be pretty happy with it right off the bat... .02

Goofyexponent

Goofyexponent

ArboristSite Lurker
Ok, I know I am new here and I am going to stick my neck out on the block here.

Do I agree that the Chinese are blatantly copying the name branded saws and trying to pass them off as genuines. Hell no. I think that a Stihl saw should be the only thing wearing a stihl sticker, same for husky, poulan, etc.

Do I think somehting should be done about the copywrite for the logos, infringements by stealing patants? Yes.

BUT, do I also think that the chinese build a decent (not top quality, but decent) product? ......sometimes.

I have a Chinese knockoff dirtbike. Had it over a year now. I beat that thing through the trails, ofer tracks, through the woods. I followed name brand bikes, and done all the same things they did with my bike and had ZERO issues. It's not a direct copy of a Honda, but it's quite similar to a CRF230F. It's a Gio (Zongshen engine) X31.

Now, I think that the Chinese are learning, (much like Kia of Korea has) are sre starting to wise up on their products. But I TOTALLY disagree that selling a knock off as a true Husky is wrong!!!!

This is why I shyed away from the knock off saws. I bought a true Stihl 034 that was used for about the same price as a new knock off saw.

I think that once the Chinese make their own brands, based on their own designs that they MIGHT be able to make a solid name for themselves.

Now, with all that said...I am not trying to stand up for what they did here. It is wrong to copy that saw and sell it outright labeled as a major brand...it's stealing in my opinion, and in many of yours as well.

But, think back to the Honda bikes and cars....the Japanese were much the same in China's boots 30 years ago, and today...people won't hardly look at a bike unless it's Japanese (honda, kawi, yamaha, etc)

That's just my opinion and I wanted to share it. Again, please don't take what I say as offence to anyone here...I don't mean it like that.

Applehead

Applehead

ArboristSite Operative
First day of real work

Clearing some land , I am pissed. :taped:
I would really like to ring the bastages neck that screwed me with this thing today.
Carb is garbage , Tried many adjustments and settings ...just bad performance untunable junk imo.
Recoil needs to be replaced also, as someone else stated , the rope will continue to break off every other pull on the cheap as spool, I even rounded the edges off where the rope goes tring to get the day out of her.... POS.

Forced to dump some more coin at it now...or chuck it...:angry:

The 034 and old 4000 ran flawless.

mikefunaro

mikefunaro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Clearing some land , I am pissed. :taped:
I would really like to ring the bastages neck that screwed me with this thing today.
Carb is garbage , Tried many adjustments and settings ...just bad performance untunable junk imo.
Recoil needs to be replaced also, as someone else stated , the rope will continue to break off every other pull on the cheap as spool, I even rounded the edges off where the rope goes tring to get the day out of her.... POS.

Forced to dump some more coin at it now...or chuck it...:angry:

The 034 and old 4000 ran flawless.

If I were you, I'd just dump it and get a real 365 XT. Depending on where you are in the state, we can point you to some good dealers.