Husky 371 worth $350?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnumhntr

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Went down to the local dealer yesterday to get a part for the splitter and was drooling over the saws ( 372 and 395). Got to the used saws and he has a 371 for $350 and a 365 (I think) with a 372 piston/jug on it for $550. He says compression on the 371 was 140psi, but I would need to see it for myself. Both saws ran great, oilers working, etc. Just curious if a 371 in decent shape with good compression was worth the $350? Not even sure if I would see a big difference between the 371 and my 6400 Makita. But I'm considering finding out ;-)

Thanks

Chris

The compression should be exceptable. I had a 371 that looked new and ran new but it only had 142lbs compression.

Look over the wear points, the chain catch, the rim sprocket, the recoil, etc., if they are all looing good then the price is OK.

A comparable new saw would be about $750., so you are under half that price.

sounds like it wouldnt be bad price.

husky is doing a saw trade in right now so dealers should have more used and blown up saws available

Mag,
I think the price is OK, but your mention of the Dolmar leads me to believe you're a practical thinker. I personally wouldn't buy another saw so close in size unless it was a GREAT deal. This one, to me, does not fit that description.

sounds like it wouldnt be bad price.

husky is doing a saw trade in right now so dealers should have more used and blown up saws available

I know Jred is doing their bag n drag trade in sale. Didn't know husky is doing one as well.

yup husky gives you 50 bucks for your used saw, but it might only be towards certian saw models

Latest posts

Back