Husky 371

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Russell

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What is a Husky 371 worth in US dollars that has no compression. Will not run. All parts are ok. Needs for motor to be rebuilt. My opinion. What will it take in parts and cost to get saw runing. Is this model to old, that I would be wasting my money.

Thank's
JR

What is a Husky 371 worth in US dollars that has no compression. Will not run. All parts are ok. Needs for motor to be rebuilt. My opinion. What will it take in parts and cost to get saw runing. Is this model to old, that I would be wasting my money.

Thank's
JR

It is basically the same saw as the 372xp - if the bottom end is OK, it should be worth rebuilding.

Bottom end is the same as the 372. Same saw other than the non side chain adjuster and semi transparent fuel tank.

The problem I have seen with them is they bring less money in the used saw market as the newer 372. You have to figure that the 371 hasn't been made since 99'.

But if you aren't looking to resell it, it will make you a damn good work saw.

Well worth fixing if you can pick up the cooked saw reasonable enough. Parts are inter-changeable with 372/2171...... You can even make it side chain adjusting just by swapping out clutch covers(& removing original screw). I rebuilt one last winter and posted some of the progress here. Go for it...:rock:

Hushy 371

[

Thank's to each member for information about the 371 Husky. The seller was asking $75.00 for it. A out of state buyer offered him $100.00 for saw. So I thanked the selller and got out of the game. This was not a auction. That is what seller has said. As the Gambler Said You got to know when to fold.

JR

:chainsaw:

Back