Husky 372XP bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good is relative to the user.

I've run a 32" pro-lite oregon w/ full skip glx chain. Done a lot of cutting with it like that really. All hardwoods. Not saying it's really powerful but it will work well enough. Just keep the rpm's up.

24" bar full comp is sweet on my 372:
When she was new:

DSC03228.jpg

Last edited:
You can put as much bar as you want on your 372 but the best combination seems to be around 24". I have seen them with 32" and skip chain but that is pushing it if the full length is being used.

It depends on a lot of factors.
Imo, The most important one being how efficient is your chain? The less power your chain robs, the longer bar you can run.

You can put as much bar as you want on your 372 but the best combination seems to be around 24". I have seen them with 32" and skip chain but that is pushing it if the full length is being used.

+1

24" seems to be the perfect bar length for the 372.

24" B&C is just the perfect match for the 372XP? :rolleyes: I wouldn't run anything else than a 32" B&C on mine. Even if fully burried in Madrone or Oak.

Right on milescountry. Nice to see another feels the same as I. I was really happy w/ the 32" on mine but it seems everyone on this site thinks that 372 just can't hack it very well w/ 32". Dunno why......as I've revved the snot out if it in hard oak and beech with commendable results.

Right on milescountry. Nice to see another feels the same as I. I was really happy w/ the 32" on mine but it seems everyone on this site thinks that 372 just can't hack it very well w/ 32". Dunno why......as I've revved the snot out if it in hard oak and beech with commendable results.

:cheers: They might be right, maybe it is a PNW thing. I just love the reach of a 32". Makes things easier, bucking, limbing and even high cuts.

I don't think anyone said a 32" was too long. Most people don't have a need for a bar that long. The 24" seems to be a perfect balanced match for the power head. Put your 372 with a 32" bar up next to a 395XP with the same bar and you will notice a big difference. If you want to see some chips fly put a 20" bar on the same 395. My 394 with a 20" bar has become my main saw. Yes it is heavy, but it will out cut everything else I have and it is just an out right power trip to use.

I have both saws and have run all three bars on them. The 371 has a 24" bar and the 395 has a 32" bar. Besides it is easier to just pick up the larger saw if needed as apposed to changing out bars in the field.

I don't think anyone said a 32" was too long. Most people don't have a need for a bar that long. The 24" seems to be a perfect balanced match for the power head. Put your 372 with a 32" bar up next to a 395XP with the same bar and you will notice a big difference. If you want to see some chips fly put a 20" bar on the same 395. My 394 with a 20" bar has become my main saw. Yes it is heavy, but it will out cut everything else I have and it is just an out right power trip to use.

I have both saws and have run all three bars on them. The 371 has a 24" bar and the 395 has a 32" bar. Besides it is easier to just pick up the larger saw if needed as apposed to changing out bars in the field.

Old Goat, I totally agree. Comparing the 372xp to my 390 running the 32" bar is night and day! Both great saws but that 372 will get stomped by my 390 with the big bar all day any day in any wood :)

I run a 20" on my 372 most of the time but when there is something big I usually put on the 28". I also have the 24" for trees that are inbetween a 20 and 28". I usually cut all oak to and the 28" doesn't seem to have a problem with it. The 28" doesn't have a skip chain either.

Thanks for the links everyone! I have to agree w/ old goat and understand his point of 20" on his 395...I really like how the 372 does w/ an 18". I have no doubt guys it will pull 32 except I break out the 066 if I need the longer bar.

Back