Husky 372xp or Stihl ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While we are on the subject, since the 044/440 was the greatest 70cc of all time and the 441 replaced it, looks like we have two winners. Both Stihl:clap:

While we are on the subject, since the 044/440 was the greatest 70cc of all time and the 441 replaced it, looks like we have two winners. Both Stihl:clap:

Wrong the ultimate 70 is the 372. No way in heck a Ms is gonna beat a husky.Don't make me open a can on ole Chucky and turn
Ms chucky into Ms chumpy:laugh:

Last edited:
You losers should of had Stihl build your Strato........

:ices_rofl:

yeah.

cos i want my clutch springs to break all the time and take the oiler out with them. i want to have 1kg of AV springs on my saw, cos the motor runs like $hit. I want to use a saw that is 2kg heavier at the end of the day becasue of all the cr@p it sucks into it. I want to clean my air filter every time I top up my tank. I want to top up my tank every 10 minutes.

think warm thoughts buddy, your stihl both sucks and blows. at least husky has the brains to fix a fault, instead of telling you that the saw is supposed to do that

Steve, you and Willard remind me of a football bat......

The 441 was built right the first time. Your post was full of ****, try again.:monkey:

Steve, you and Willard remind me of a football bat......

The 441 was built right the first time. Your post was full of ****, try again.:monkey:

built right first time? nah... ze germans just wont admit when they're wrong, until its 10 years down the line and they hope that everyone has forgotten... all you stihl heads used to go on and on about how rubber mounts were the best thing since sliced bread, und now, you're using springs. ze goal posts have shifted! but now you say that the big old ford suspension springs you call AV's, are the new best thing since... since... since... rubber av's? get the f### outa here we've been singin that song for 20 years.

ooooohhhhh didnt like that, did ya? bam bam!

O.K. why did 441 (the poster) get banned? I want to hear more about his new preference, especially considering he liked his M.S. 441 so much to make his S.N. after it, something about the 372 X.P. must have really "wowed" him. Regarding his "price-shopper" post, because I know that's a dirty word here, but outside this forum it's really not uncommon for price to be one of the deciding factors, or even people shop around for the best price for something. I think some people new here are surprised that it's frowned upon so much, just because it's a different attitude about it here than some other forums.

But anyways, I understand the 372 does have superior power to weight, vibration control, and is generally smoother. What about easier to start, also long-term durability? A tie between these two? Probably two of the models I will be looking at for a bigger saw. Whether to keep it in the Stihl family, or try a different premium brand like Husqvarna, Echo, or Dolmar etc.

Nevermind the question regarding who is number one in sales, as 1) we don't have all the information, and 2) the definition of number one is up for interpretation.

Whether to keep it in the Stihl family, or try a different premium brand like Husqvarna, Echo, or Dolmar etc..

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Echo is very far from beeing a premium brand..........:givebeer:

Nevermind the question regarding who is number one in sales, as 1) we don't have all the information, and 2) the definition of number one is up for interpretation.

:agree2:

Rope wood not know a good saw if it smacked him in his ole 'noggin.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
rueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hear that
Ms chumpy better run that is an automatic can opener:laugh:
Ms Norris has eluded us due to the not wanting to spank a lady
but if she ain't real careful a Bitc? slap is in her future:hmm3grin2orange:

built right first time? nah... ze germans just wont admit when they're wrong, until its 10 years down the line and they hope that everyone has forgotten... all you stihl heads used to go on and on about how rubber mounts were the best thing since sliced bread, und now, you're using springs. ze goal posts have shifted! but now you say that the big old ford suspension springs you call AV's, are the new best thing since... since... since... rubber av's? get the f### outa here we've been singin that song for 20 years.

ooooohhhhh didnt like that, did ya? bam bam!

Ze Germans have been building the best saw for the last 40 years, known fact. I like the rubber mounts compared to the flimsy feeling of the 2171. It reminds me of a slinky. Maybe that is why they break all the time. May want to have Stihl design huskies springs also, LOL. Just from having picked up a 441 on the sales floor, it feels much more soild, no slinky feel. I will stick with the 460 though.:D

No part of a Ford would ever be used on a Stihl, to cheap, much less quality.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
rueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hear that
Ms chumpy better run that is an automatic can opener:laugh:
Ms Norris has eluded us due to the not wanting to spank a lady
but if she ain't real careful a Bitc? slap is in her future:hmm3grin2orange:

What?

I know you are mad from having to work on your saws all the time but please make a statement we can understand.:dizzy:

O.K. why did 441 (the poster) get banned? I want to hear more about his new preference, especially considering he liked his M.S. 441 so much to make his S.N. after it, something about the 372 X.P. must have really "wowed" him. Regarding his "price-shopper" post, because I know that's a dirty word here, but outside this forum it's really not uncommon for price to be one of the deciding factors, or even people shop around for the best price for something. I think some people new here are surprised that it's frowned upon so much, just because it's a different attitude about it here than some other forums.

But anyways, I understand the 372 does have superior power to weight, vibration control, and is generally smoother. What about easier to start, also long-term durability? A tie between these two? Probably two of the models I will be looking at for a bigger saw. Whether to keep it in the Stihl family, or try a different premium brand like Husqvarna, Echo, or Dolmar etc.

jlh,

The poster to whom you referred has a history of the following:
a. Start numerous threads about "what is the best "x_Class" saw".
b. Purchasing a saw.
c. Proclaiming the purchased saw as the best in "x_Class".
d. Start a thread about "Is the new xx saw better than the saw I just purchased.
e. Start a thread about the POS saw I bought.
f. Start a thread complaining about the resale vale or trade-in value of said saw.
g. go to a. and repeat

Now, the poster in question has not demonstrated a lot of time operating the saws he has purchased.

I thought it was quite humerous that he admitted to purchasing a saw based on price. The handles on the two saws from which he chose are quite different. The are many proponents and opponents of each. Most will proclaim that one isn't better in general, but any individual more than likely has a preference. I find it note worthy that someone will sacrifice operator comfort in the name of saving a few bucks.

Now, when this poster supports your position, you may be lured into singing his praises, giving him an internet high-five, and sipping the kool-aid with him. Don't be fooled.

I like the Husky crowd and like a good, spirited debate. As you can see, I brought this to your attention as a public service.

Here to serve,

Joat

Back