Husky 385 or Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used to think an inboard clutch was a good idea.

If I wanted the faster saw and best power to weight, I would take the 660 - if I just wanted a large and smooth saw, the 390xp.

The 395xp, with its outboard clutch, would be out of ths question.

But it is really futile, as the 372xpg already is enough overkill here, with few trees over 20" diameter.

until i saw how much crap builds up under there.

outboard never bothered me anyway.i think they run cooler and it helps hold the chain while putting it on the bar.

until i saw how much crap builds up under there.

outboard never bothered me anyway.i think they run cooler and it helps hold the chain while putting it on the bar.

I cant stand an outboard clutch, its a real pain as im always swapping between 3/8 and 404.......................................................

another gripe about the 395 is the front tensioner. a real pain when using new chain on the mill!

otherwise its awesome

Last edited:
I can stand an outboard clutch, its a real pain as im always swapping between 3/8 and 404.......................................................

another gripe about the 395 is the front tensioner. a real pain when using new chain on the mill!

otherwise its awesome

I guess you meant to say "I can't stand......"

I agree that they are a pain if you change rims often!

i never change rims so it doesn't bother me.

i use a long flathead screw driver for the adjustment and it works fine.side tensioner would still be nice.

Latest posts

Back