Husky 385XP ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does everyone think about Carlton chain,is it as good as Oregon?

How does Full Skip chain cut in Oak,Maple etc...,compared to Full Comp??

Looking for some answers :blob5:
Thanks Rob..

Good morning everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get a bigger set of dog's for my 385XP???These factory one's are really to small.

Thanks for any idea's
Rob..

The cutters and tie straps are the same on the .050, 72 series chain and the .058, 73 series chain. The only difference is, they start with .058 drive links on both chains and coin them down to .050 on the 72 chain. Never did figure out why they wanted to make a .050 chain anyway. One more step in production and added cost. Go figure. Later Butch :confused:

hi butch, the reason for the .050 chain is the reduced chain mass resulting in higher performance as the chain is using less engine power for spinning the chain.

Otto,

The saw has been great so far , but I have been contemplating about sending it to Dennis for that little extra edge that it needs,other than that I have no problems with it.She'll pull my 32" bar with no problem thats all I care about,although I do need to get some new full or semi-skip chain ,sharpening full comp 32" sucks:angry: Thanks for the Madsens link I forgot about them for a minute that's were I got the one's for my 064AV.

Later Rob..

Back