husky 395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
as the second owner of this specimen,, been reading where the 394's had crank and rod problems..this one is all orig, and runs fine.. did the 395's have this problem????

I have not heard of any crank issues either. 394 and 395s are considered to be pretty reliable by those that use/d them around here. Green coils common on the 394. Usually see them with 20" or 24" bars. The early 2094 Jonsered dropped cranks but that was cleared up long before the 2095.

The 385 and 390 were a mess when they first came out and are still considered to be a dainty saw, die hards love them but always have a backup or 5. Spun bearings, bad bearings and toasted cranks were the main reason the 385/390s got the crap reliability reputation.

in the last 10 yrs i don't remember replacing a 394/395 crank unless it was user error. leaning a saw out too much and melting it down sometimes heats the crank and blues it. when i see a blued lower rod i replace the crank.

in the last 10 yrs i don't remember replacing a 394/395 crank unless it was user error. leaning a saw out too much and melting it down sometimes heats the crank and blues it. when i see a blued lower rod i replace the crank.
thanks, sir landrum.........blued crank will never happen to my saws......35:1,, full synthetic.f the epa..........

Latest posts

Back