Husky 435 x torq run problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bav57

Bav57

Hello everyone. I am new to the site and would to say thanks in advance for any help given me. I picked up a used husky 435 x torq as a package deal along with a log splitter. it appeared to have been sitting for awhile cause the fuel in it was bad which I drained before starting and replaced with non ethynol fuel andfull synthetic 2 cycle oil .The saw did start and run and I did use it a few times but was sluggish. Current problem I am experiencing is that it will start and rev up but dies out almost Immediately. I replaced carb, no change. then took to repair shop and they rebuilt old carb and stiill no change. they ended up telling me that some gasket went bad and would cost more the saw is worth to fix. my question is. does this sound right and what gasket are they referring to? If so what would be the part number. Again thanks in advance for any help.

Ozhoo

Ozhoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Welcome to AS. 2-Stroke engines need to be air-tight in order to run and your little 435 could be leaking from most anywhere. Did they say, crank seals or cylinder gasket? I'll attach your service manual which has a troubleshooting section. I'd recommend pulling the muffler to check the piston for scoring before going too far.

Attachments

• 435 440 e.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
Bav57

Bav57

Welcome to AS. 2-Stroke engines need to be air-tight in order to run and your little 435 could be leaking from most anywhere. Did they say, crank seals or cylinder gasket? I'll attach your service manual which has a troubleshooting section. I'd recommend pulling the muffler to check the piston for scoring before going too far.
Thanks for the info and manual

Latest posts