Husky 44 Too Much Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlouder

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently cleaned up an old Husky 44. In the process I removed a lot of gunk from the clutch/bar area, then filed and flipped the bar. Now it seems to put out too much bar oil. Can someone look at the diagram and tell a novice if it can be adjusted --

http://weborder.husqvarna.com/order_static/doc/HIPL/HIPL1979/HIPL1979_I7900012.pdf

The bar hole is clear, but it is putting out so much oil that it is running down the bar. Did I mess up an adjustment while cleaning it or was all the caked up sawdust catching the oil before?

Thanks

The pump is not adjustable.Unless you change the bolt #501284101 on the diagram.They used to sell long,medium and short bolt to adjust the movement of the piston.You can use heavier oil.And yes ,the sawdust hold the oil so it seems to leaking less.

Page 2 section G. The bolt 501284101. Cam screw from manufacturer in 3 color coded sizes. A white cam screw indicates minimum oil output, a plain cam screw indicates standard oil output while a green cam screw indicates maximum oil output. The thickest oil I have used was from sears many years ago.

Thanks for the info.

I used most of a tank of gas this afternoon and kept checking to make sure it still had oil. I was amazed to find a little oil left when the gas was almost gone. I thought it would run out way before giving out of gas and still may try to find a little thicker oil.

The saw doesn't belong to me, but I wanted to take care of it since the owner has been kind enough to let me use it. After cleaning it up good, cleaning the filter, changing the plug, repairing a broken wire to the switch, and sharpening the chain, it cuts like crazy. It's hard to beleive it's almost 30 years old.

I recently got a Husky 350. It was listed on ebay as a scratch and dent model with full warranty by a dealer about 40 miles away from me. It turned out that this dealer gets the returns from one of the big box chains (starts with low..). This one was 07 model and looked like it hadn't been used but a few times. I'm extremely impressed with the power, smoothness, and weight. Others may make comparable saws, but I can't imagine owning anything but Husqvarna.

Latest posts

Back