husky 455 rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawworld

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
anyone else having problems with the oil pump on the 455 rancher? i have changed out between 6 or 7 and i just had one come back again for an oil pump. i e-mailed husky and they keep saying bring it back to a dealer. it may be covered by warrenty. i called a dealer and was informed the part may or may not be covered and labor may not be covered. i tried to have husky mail me a pump but they decided i should just give more money to a dealer. they made no attempt to stand behind their product.

Found you I think.. Are the initials " C S" ? I've personally had good luck with my 455. Its been a solid saw around this farm for a while now. The filter/pickup got junk in it once (My fault...a brain fart story) and the bar as delivered stock seemed to let the oil hole pick up chips & impede oiling. Actually it was still oiling just not as usual in both those instances. Another thread alerted me to look to the pickup as I believe there was a change in that part over the life of the saw. I had the "oil hole in the bar" issue late fall with "summer" viscosity bar oil & the stock Husqvarna bar didn't oil as I would have liked. I opened up the hole on the bar and haven't had an issue since. So no, I haven't had the oil pump go bad yet....but there will be plenty of opportunity this year yet again..

Last edited:
what exactly are the issues your having with respect to the oil pump. Give us a hint, is it not oiling or oiling too much, does it pump with out the bar on, does it pump with the bar on.too little or too much????

anyone else having problems with the oil pump on the 455 rancher? i have changed out between 6 or 7 and i just had one come back again for an oil pump. i e-mailed husky and they keep saying bring it back to a dealer. it may be covered by warrenty. i called a dealer and was informed the part may or may not be covered and labor may not be covered. i tried to have husky mail me a pump but they decided i should just give more money to a dealer. they made no attempt to stand behind their product.

how many 455's you have?

no problems wit mine

Back