Husky 51

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakedesnake048

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all I just bought a Husky 51 last night and I'm trying to get some info on it...

size motor, year made etc etc

good saws? problems to look for?

at this same auction i also missed a stihl 192t in great shape for $110 (i was in the frickin restroom!)

I bought a 51 about twelve years ago. I still have it, and use it pretty regularly. It's a decent enough saw for "smaller" stuff. Good limbing and bucking saw. I have an 18" bar on it, and it runs just fine. I believe it's 51cc's. Takes a 16" or an 18" bar. Like I said, it's a good saw. It's designed more for homeowner use, but if the price is right, then it'll do fine for you. I wouldn't use it as my go to saw for everything removal, but 'it'll do, rabbit, it'll do.'

I bought one brand new in 98 I tore the 325 pitch bar, and chain off, and put a full skip chisel 3/8 with a 20in bar, its a cuttin mother.......... I love it wont get rid of it it has been rock solid super saw I love it!

Hey, I forgot to mention this. If you're looking for basic info on the saw, just do a search for the saw online. But, it may not show anything, if that's the case, then use the number 351. That should help. Husqvarna changed their numbers a while ago. It may not give you the precise stats for your saw, but it should at least give you an idea of what you have.

Hey, I forgot to mention this. If you're looking for basic info on the saw, just do a search for the saw online. But, it may not show anything, if that's the case, then use the number 351. That should help. Husqvarna changed their numbers a while ago. It may not give you the precise stats for your saw, but it should at least give you an idea of what you have.

ok thanks guys...

would running a 20" and full skip 3/8 be too much for this saw (like someone had mentioned)

it's got a 16" .325 on it right now, but it needs a new chain anyways so i figured i may get something more aggressive

Back