Husky 55 Tank removal question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVB

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I don't have this one in hand just trying another member of different forum and I probably need to the answer too.

When the tank on the 2000 55 Rancher how are the anti mounts removed so the tank can be separated? Are they just pried out or what?

saw_zpscg8uatng.jpg

Thank you for the help. I was thinking the same thing just wanted to be sure. Better safe then need more parts.

Try to be gentle, Eugene. Real old ones will be fused into the plastic tank hole or metal case ring. I just trashed one. Gonna try some spray lube overnight next time.

You know me Doug I was going to get out that jack hammer of mine. :laugh:

But seriously I know about tearing those and it is expected that why I wait to order after I get things apart. I was just helping a member out @AnswerArmy and it had been about 4 yrs since my last 55 overhaul.

I had an old Stihl they were like chewing gum a couple years ago and had to place a second order because I was in a hurry and ordered parts before things were a part.Having to pay a $15 shc twice wasn't fun. Glad I now got a different Stihl dealer providing me parts.

Yeah, Eugene, you have to make them look good for customers. Now, I can be real redneck. I've got 4 personal 55s and on the last one I built out of parts - I trashed that same rubber baby bumper you pictured. Never did have a cover with stem. So, I stuffed 5/8" heater hose and 1/4" fuel line in with a bolt and washer and covered it all with the bottom of a lamp shade bracket. I'm thinking it looks factory perfect.....

Husq 55 AV 2.jpg

Back