Husky 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just dont think its worth the extra money to get one. Being that mine would be a loaner saw, i would not put a jred p/c or a partner 5000 on it. They are harder to find then a stock open port top end. If anything i may try porting on this 55, just widen the ports thats it.

I definitely wouldn't spend $200+ on a top end for sure. An open port 55 will serve one well too! :cheers:

Does anyone know if the aftermarket kits are closed or open port ??
Picked one up the other day, the owner said the saw was running fine then revs went through the roof & quit ! Wouldn't start afterwards. I pulled the jug & was scored "BIG TIME", piston all smeared. I emptied the fuel tank & it was the most g*dawful stuff I'd ever seen, looked 1/2 & 1/2 of gas & something else ??????
All of the aftermarket kits are open port, there is not even a AF supplier for closed port pistons.
You can get a closed port p/c kit on ebay...im pretty sure. I remember it was PRICEY! There was a guy on here that made a video of his open port and closed port side by side. I really dont think the open port lost by much.

I have a nice 55 rancher that needs a p/c, i really need to get around to it. I think im just gonna put a stock open port on. It will be a loaner saw.

EDIT:

I believe this is the closed port kit
PART PISTON CYLINDER HUSQVARNA 55 RANCHER chainsaw | eBay
There were closed port top ends on Ebay the last time I looked but the one you have posted is a 46mm open port for the 55 Rancher. The same seller had the closed port setup for 250 bucks.

What a great find, Joe. I just got a 55 Rancher off Ebay and it looks like a new one. It has dual dogs but no decomp. What kind of compression are you
finding on your 55? Mine's 145 psi cold after 4 pulls.

What a great find, Joe. I just got a 55 Rancher off Ebay and it looks like a new one. It has dual dogs but no decomp. What kind of compression are you
finding on your 55? Mine's 145 psi cold after 4 pulls.

Thanks! I havent tested compression yet. With the decomp closed it feels as hard as my jred 80. That saw is between 180-190. I will test tomm.

Latest posts

Back